The BS5839 part 1 :2013 standard ‘Fire detection and fire alarm systems for buildings. Code of practice for design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of systems in non-domestic premises‘ is the key standard for commercial fire alarm systems with central control panel/s. It helps customers and installers to specify, design, install and maintain fire alarm systems.
It is a substantial document and to help our customers find their way through the standard we have created a summary of the standard. The summary covers:
- Why might I need a fire detection/fire alarm system for my premises?
- What are fire detection and fire alarm systems?
- What is meant by ‘category of system’?
- What are the main design considerations for an appropriate fire detection/fire alarm system?
- What are the main installation issues?
- What hapens once the installation is complete?
- Commissioning, Documentation, Certification
- Maintaining the system: what is involved?
- User’s responsibilities and premises management: who does what?
Safelincs, the UK’s most progressive and customer friendly fire safety company offers its customers nationwide maintenance of fire alarm systems as well as a range of fire alarm system components:
- Conventional fire alarm systems
- Addressable fire alarm systems
- Fire alarm accessories, including specialist infrared and ultraviolet detectors
For quotations for a new fire alarm system, please ring our friendly customer care team on 0800 612 6537
To arrange your fire alarm system maintenance visit, please ring 0800 612 4827