Thursday 15th August 2013
BS 5839 Part 1 ‘Fire detection and fire alarm systems for buildings. Code of practice for design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of systems in non-domestic premises‘ is the key Standard for commercial fire alarm systems with central control panels. It helps customers and installers to specify, design, install and maintain fire alarm systems.
It is a substantial document and to help our customers find their way through it we have created a summary of the Standard. The summary covers:
- Why might I need a fire detection / fire alarm system for my premises?
- What are fire detection and fire alarm systems?
- What is meant by ‘category of system’?
- What are the main design considerations for an appropriate fire detection / fire alarm system?
- What are the main installation issues?
- What happens once the installation is complete?
- Commissioning, documentation, and certification
- Maintaining the system: what is involved?
- User’s responsibilities and premises management: who does what?
Safelincs, the UK’s most progressive and customer friendly fire safety company offers its customers nationwide maintenance of fire alarm systems as well as a range of fire alarm system components:
- Conventional fire alarm systems
- Addressable fire alarm systems
- Fire alarm accessories, including specialist infrared and ultraviolet detectors
For quotations for a new fire alarm system, please ring our friendly customer care team on 0800 612 6537.
To arrange your fire alarm system maintenance visit, please ring 0800 612 4827.