P50s find their way into a country retreat

An eighteenth century listed building, with an interesting history and visitors that have included Jacqueline Kennedy and Noel Coward, is the latest in a long line of establishments to take advantage of the cost savings that accrue from the installation of P50 fire extinguishers.

Turville Grange, near Henley in Oxfordshire, is the country retreat of an influential American family. The estate covers several sites including a large regency style house and is used by the family as a residence for around six months of the year. It is looked after by seven full time staff.

Buildings of this nature have high running costs and every effort is made to reduce expenses. One of the costs is fire safety; fire extinguishers are spread across the property and, over and above the initial outlay, the cost of having them serviced annually was a drain on the maintenance budget. Through a chance acquaintance, Safelincs was recommended as a company that might be able to offer a more economical solution.

Safelincs introduced the management at Turville Grange to the P50 extinguisher. Manufactured entirely from materials that will not rust or corrode, these appliances do not require an external annual service; a simple yearly check easily undertaken by one of the building’s own employees is all that is required. They also do not require a refill after five years like traditional extinguishers. Instead, after ten years, they are factory-refurbished and can then be used for a further decade.

“Installing P50 appliances will save us hundreds of pounds in maintenance costs,” said Adam Brimley, who manages the estate. “In addition, Safelincs gave us invaluable advice on the placement of the extinguishers that enabled us to significantly reduce the numbers that are required.

“Safelincs were clearly more interested in giving us good service than selling us more extinguishers than we needed.”

If you want to benefit from the cost savings the P50 extinguishers offer, contact Safelincs on 0800 612 6537 or email support@safelincs.co.uk, our professional advisers are happy to help.

Innovative Stove Guard helps to promote independent living

With rising costs in care for the elderly and Government cut backs to services for those with medical and learning difficulties, many families are looking for solutions that will help promote independent living. Recognising the kitchen as the area most at risk of fire in the home, Finnish manufacturer, Innohome, has developed the Stove Guard intelligent self-learning heat sensor that actively PREVENTS an electric cooker fire from igniting.

Constantly monitoring the cooker top temperature and its rate of rise, the Innohome Stove Guard acts as soon as a hazardous situation is detected. As well as sounding an audible alarm, the Stove Guard heat sensor sends a wireless signal to a control unit, discreetly fitted behind the cooker, which cuts the cooker’s electricity supply off. This innovative technology not only acts before the formation of dangerous smoke levels but also stops a fire from igniting.

Unlike traditional heat alarms, the Innohome Stove Guard has many features and benefits to accommodate the user’s needs. To avoid false alarms, the heat sensor has an ability to learn the user’s cooking styles by reducing its sensitivity during normal cooking conditions. Its safety features include an intelligent timer, alarm removal detection as well as smoke, CO and gas alarm recognition, all of which trigger the control unit to switch off the cooker’s electricity supply.

Boasting an impressive 15 year sensor working life and 5 year warranty, the Innohome Stove Guard provides our customers with value for money as well as peace of mind.  For more information on how the Innohome Stove Guard can benefit you and your loved ones, please visit our dedicated Innohome approved supplier website at www.safelincs.co.uk/innohome.

 

Fire prevention in the home

With horrific reports in the media about several deaths in home fires this year, including the tragic event where four children died in a house fire in  Lancashire, the issue of home fire prevention could not be more important.

In our information section the fire prevention in the home guide will help you assess the fire risks of your home and to put preventative measures into place.