CO alarm saves family

As a result of the blog we wrote about the carbon monoxide leak that left one of the characters in EastEnders unconscious a customer was prompted to contact us.

Our customer found that after she bought her CO alarm from us it alerted her to a carbon monoxide leak that came from her cooker. She found that every time she used the grill the poisonous gas was being emitted into her kitchen. This was putting her and her family at risk.

Having the alarm enabled her to act promptly and avoid any serious effects from the carbon monoxide spill. As this gas is odourless it is not possible to detect it by smell.

View our range of carbon monoxide detectors

EastEnders carbon monoxide poisoning

This week an EastEnders story line will be covering carbon monoxide poisoning. Single mum, Heather Trotter, will be discovered unconscious in her flat.

Heather knows that her boiler is faulty but can not afford to have it repaired. The boiler leaks carbon monoxide into the flat and leaves Heather fighting for her life. Did she know about the dangers of carbon monoxide?

This episode will hopefully raise the awareness about carbon monoxide poisoning and how it occurs. Carbon monoxide is the result of incomplete combustion of all fossil fuels. It has no odour or colour and as a result can go undetected. Even some GPs miss-diagnose the onset of carbon monoxide poisoning as flu as the symptoms are very similar.

Don’t risk your life like Heather Trotter, install a carbon monoxide alarm and investigate your fossil fuel appliances if you begin to feel unwell at home, with flu like symptons that get better when you are outside the house.