Couple saved by CO alarm

This week, another CO alarm, supplied by Safelincs Ltd on behalf of Kirklees Council, detected a carbon monoxide leak that resulted from a faulty gas fire appliance. The CO alarm began to sound, prompting the occupants to act and call out a service engineer who confirmed the CO in the air.

The gas fire was condemned as it was found to be producing the odourless poisonous gas, which could have rendered the occupants unconscious and potentially could have killed them.

A carbon monoxide leak can cause at first flu like symptoms, tiredness and a general feeling of being unwell. When undetected it can lead to unconsciousness and eventually death.

VAT Reduction Passed on Fully to our Customer

Safelincs is passing on the full VAT reduction to you. The company displays VAT inclusive prices and while the VAT reduction will create some rather strange looking end prices, the company felt that it was essential to avoid the temptation to ’round up’.