Hotel fire caused by faulty vacuum cleaner

Duke’s Head Hotel, a four storey hotel in King’s Lynn, experienced a fire due to a fault with a wet-and-dry vacuum cleaner on December 10, 2010.

The hotel staff effectively and promptly evacuated guests from the hotel as well as their restaurants and bars, ensuring that there were no injuries incurred as a result. The fire was contained in a third floor bedroom but smoke damage has occurred to the room and corridor.

The fire, which broke out at just after 12 noon, was attended by eleven fire engines from King’s Lynn, Downham Market, Sandringham, Terrington, Massingham and Wymondham. The fire crews took about one hour to get the fire under control and was mostly out by 1.15pm.

To read the full story follow this linkĀ  http://www.info4fire.com/news-content/full/faulty-vacuum-cleaner-sparks-hotel-fire