House fire claims six lives, could faulty fridge be to blame?

Mrs Kua and five of her six children died in a tragic house fire this weekend in Neasden, North-West London. Mr Kua and one of his daughters, Nur aged 16, survived the blaze. Nur was said to still be in a critical condition in a West London hospital.

It is believed that this tragic incident was the result of a fault in a fridge freezer. Beko announced a recall on 500,000 of their fridge freezers which are suspected to be faulty. Beko announced the recall earlier this year and urged people with affected models to contact them. The models at risk were produced between January 2000 and December 2006. For more information go to or alternatively e-mail your contact details to

In July this year a fire thought at first to be caused by lightening is now thought to have started due to a faulty Beko appliance. Fire chiefs warned that lives were at risk due this fault and there could have been 20 fires in London alone caused by the faulty Beko fridge freezer since 2008.