The Ei208DWRF is a carbon monoxide alarm featuring radio-interlink technology allowing it to communicate with other compatible alarms and accessories (including RF smoke and heat alarms, the Ei412 RF control switch and the Ei450 wireless alarm controller). Unlike other alarms, this unit features a ‘low volume test’ which allows the alarm to be tested without sounding at its full 85dB. These modern and stylish alarms also have a flat base which allows it to be free standing as well as wall or ceiling mounted, along with a digital display that will display current levels of CO in the atmosphere. The Ei208DWRF has a 5 year warranty and is powered by a long life lithium battery with a 10 year lifespan.
- Lithium battery that lasts full life of alarm (10 years)
- CE marked and Kitemarked to BS EN 50291-1 (domestic use) & BS EN 50291-2:2010 (camping/caravans/boats)
- Loud distinct alarm (85dB at 3 metres)
- LED power and alarm status display
- Automatic self diagnostics
- The unit checks the CO concentration every 50 seconds
- Detector alarms from: 30ppm (parts per million) CO gas
- Radio-interlink with compatible RF smoke and heat alarms
- Built-in radioLINK repeater function allows for the RF signal to work around obstructions
- Compatible with the Ei412 control switch and the Ei450 wireless alarm controller
- Low volume test button
- Hush button
- Tamper-proof facility
- 5 year warranty
- Attractive slimline casing
- Suitable for free standing table top placement or wall/ceiling mounting
- Supplied with fixings; 2 x screws and 2 x rawl plugs
- Manufactured in Republic of Ireland
The table below shows all the units that can interlink with the Ei208DWRF.
Type of unit
Type of interlink
||Wireless Fire and CO Alarm Control Switch
||Wireless Fire and CO Alarm Controller
This is the technical data for the 10 Year Life Radio-Interlinked Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display - Ei208DWRF.
||85dB (minimum) at 3m
||-10°C to 40°C
||15% to 95% Relative Humidity
||Long-life lithium cells
The following datasheets are available for this product.
Q. Please could you explain how the repeater function works on the Aico/Ei radio interlinked detectors.
Hello. The radioLINK repeater function allows the smoke alarm to "repeat" the radio frequency signal around obstructions. This stops the signal from becoming blocked and ensures that all interlinked alarms can be reached. This repeater function is built-in to the the Ei168RC radioLINK base (with Ei140, Ei160 or Ei2110 alarm), the Ei600 series of radio interlinked battery powered smoke and heat alarms as well as the Ei262 and Ei208WRF carbon monoxide alarms as standard. When house coded, the system works itself out which alarms are to act as repeaters - it's not something you set up yourself.
Q. Can the Ei160 RF series be connected to a CO detector?
Yes, you can use either the battery powered Ei208WRF CO detector or the mains powered Ei262 CO detector. We also recommend that you fit a Ei412 locator switch to allow you to find out if an alarm was caused by CO gas or a fire!
Q. Can the Ei600RF series be connected with a CO detector?
Yes, the Ei208WRF CO detector is suitable and we recommend that you also install a Ei412 locator switch to allow you to find out if an alarm was caused by CO gas or by a fire.
Q. Where more than one radio-interlinked battery operated smoke alarm is installed, if the battery in one alarm failed would the other alarms be affected?
If one alarm was to malfunction the other units would not be affected, if it was due to alarm failure. If the fault was with the radio-interlinking signal, then all alarms that are in the chain after the faulty alarm would be affected and they would not go off.
Q. Are there any restrictions to the distance a radio-interlinked smoke alarm will work?
Most radio-interlinked alarms have a range of 150 meters in an open space and up to 30 meters in buildings. The thickness of the walls and partitions will affect the travel distance of the signal.