Terms & Conditions
We are here to help and can provide you with help and guidance or direct you
towards relevant information. If you have any queries relating to the fire safety needs
of your home or business, please contact us on 0800 612 6537. Although we will
always endeavour to give you the best possible advice, the responsibility for
ensuring that you are adhering to fire safety legislation, building regulations,
other regulations or best practice remains with you. Please note that any advice given will only apply to UK regulations and standards.
There may be regulations requiring the maintenance of some fire safety products.
You are responsible for setting up service and maintenance programmes required for products which you purchased from us. However, to help you with this task, we offer a free reminder service which you can register for after the checkout stage. Just tell us at this point which reminders you wish to receive and at which frequency. The reminders are sent per email. We also offer a free online fire safety logbook to help you keep track of your fire safety activities.
Please note: all mains-powered electrical fire safety equipment must be installed by trained electricians.
Fire Safety Advice
Customer Service Policy
We believe that you have a right to be given clear and unmistakable pricing information. We display both VAT exclusive and inclusive prices, where possible. You can select which display is the primary display. Our shipping charges are clearly displayed on every page and shown in the shopping cart the moment a product is placed in it.
Clear product information and additional technical support
We will always describe products in plain English to help you choose and compare products easily. On top of this we display all technical data sheets, manuals and certifications. Our sales staff are trained to advise you on technical issues and are happy to assist you over the phone or by email. We strive to reply within one working day. For more complex products, we have introduced interactive technical help guides, which will break down the complex purchasing decisions into easy chunks and will guide you through the purchasing process.
Single point of contact
No customer wants to be passed around from one telephone operator to the next. Our sales staff are trained to deal with all aspects of customer service. They will advise about products, take orders, deal with any complaints without passing you on to other staff members. Should a staff member not know the answer to your question, they will find out for you and will ring you back. They can also speak with the manufacturer on your behalf and let you know their answers. Should you wish to speak to a manager, they will of course transfer you to the relevant manager to deal with your query. All our staff have their own telephone numbers, so that you can always ring them directly if you want to follow up any discussion.
We would like to understand what you think of our service and our products and we want other customers to benefit from the feedback you give. You will be offered in the checkout the option to request Trustpilot or Google feedback emails. This feedback, which we cannot influence, is displayed both on our website as well as on Trustpilot's or Google’s websites to be seen by other prospective customers. You can also request product feedback emails six weeks after you received your goods so you can tell us how our products performed. Your feedback is then published next to the relevant product for other people to see.
Support during buying process
We have a very user friendly one-step checkout. There is no need to register with us before we display the total costs to you. We will, however, supply you with a username and password AFTER you have placed an order with us. This will allow you to review your order history and speed up any future orders.
If you change your mind
If you change your mind, we offer twice the legal requirement for the returns period without quibbling. See also our Returns Policy.
After Fire Replacement Guarantee
This policy is designed to encourage our customers to use all their fire fighting and rescue equipment without any consideration of costs to limit the impact of a fire. We see it also as a way of helping our customers through a difficult time and supporting them through the entire life cycle of the fire safety products sold by us.
Should you be the victim of a fire, we will replace or repair all affected fire safety equipment you purchased from us if it was located near the fire at the time of the fire. To claim your free replacement or repair, please send us the fire report of the fire brigade or other evidence of the fire as well as a documentation of the fire safety products affected.
‘Affected fire safety equipment’ includes: fire fighting equipment used to fight the fire, fire escape hoods used, any fire safety equipment marked by smoke or damaged through the fire fighting process, any passive fire protection triggered by the heat of the fire, any fire escape equipment damaged during the escape from the fire, any carbon monoxide detectors exposed to smoke from the fire.
- Anti arson letterboxes
- Products which were installed outside the UK
- Fire safety equipment not maintained/replaced in accordance to relevant British Standards
- Fires judged by the fire brigades as suspicious or caused by arson might be excluded from this replacement policy
- Fires resulting in the prosecution of the responsible person are not covered by this policy
- Fire Safety Products not sold by us
The delivery charge for your order depends on where you live, the total weight of the order and your selected shipping method. Please see table below.
We offer free delivery for many products. When an item with "free delivery" has been added to an order, the whole order will be shipped without delivery charge, as long as the weight bracket is not exceeded.
There may be a higher delivery charge if you live on an island or in a remote location of the UK. Please see our list of "Islands and remote location" postcodes.
Islands and remote locations
Postal codes starting with: BT, GY, HS, IM, IV40, IV41, IV42, IV43, IV44, IV45, IV46, IV47, IV48, IV49, IV51, IV55, IV56, JE, KA27, KA28, KW15, KW16, KW17, PA20, PA41, PA42, PA43, PA44, PA45, PA46, PA47, PA48, PA49, PA60, PA61, PA62, PA63, PA64, PA65, PA66, PA67, PA68, PA69, PA70, PA71, PA72, PA73, PA74, PA75, PA76, PA77, PA78, PO30, PO31, PO32, PO33, PO34, PO35, PO36, PO37, PO38, PO39, PO40, PO41, PH42, PH43, PH44, TDCU, ZE
||Islands and remote locations
Economy (3 - 5 working days)
3:30pm cut-off time
Dispatched Monday to Friday
Up to 5kg
£4.79 inc VAT
£3.99 ex VAT
£5.51 inc VAT
£4.59 ex VAT
Express (1 - 2 working days)
4:30pm cut-off time
Dispatched Monday to Friday
Up to 10kg
£7.91 inc VAT
£6.59 ex VAT
£18.23 inc VAT
£15.19 ex VAT
Express (1 - 2 working days)
4:30pm cut-off time
Dispatched Monday to Friday
10 to 20kg
£9.11 inc VAT
£7.59 ex VAT
£21.83 inc VAT
£18.19 ex VAT
Express (1 - 2 working days)
4:30pm cut-off time
Dispatched Monday to Friday
£11.03 inc VAT
£9.19 ex VAT
£26.63 inc VAT
£22.19 ex VAT
Please note: Fire Doors supplied to England have a delivery charge of £90.00 (ex VAT) per batch, independent from the quantity. Fire door deliveries to Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales might require a transport surcharge. We will contact you should this be the case to allow you the choice of either cancelling the order or to agree to the surcharges.
Fire safes have free standard delivery (for mainland UK, only), with additional, individually priced options for delivery over steps or hand-carried deliveries.
Special Delivery Instructions
You can leave special delivery instructions for our order but you are responsible for any losses suffered as a result of a parcel being left in a location at your specific request.
- For cut-off times of different shipping services please see table above. The table also indicates how long the different shipment methods take. Please note that remote and island locations have longer shipping periods than indicated.
- The cut-off for pallet deliveries is 1pm.
- Economy service can take up to one week.
- Fire safes can take between 4 and 14 working days.
- Fire doors have a leadtime of 2 to 3 weeks, depending upon whether the door is standard or bespoke.
- Should we be out of stock of an item, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer compensation for deliveries that are delayed.
- Customers living in remote areas should note that some delivery/servicing/installation services may be affected, or not available. We will inform you as soon as possible of any potential problems. If you want to check before placing an order, please call us on 0800 612 6537.
- Installations are carried out within 14 days. Servicing of fire extinguishers is carried out within 30 days.
- If a customer is not in when delivery is attempted, the delivery driver will leave a card with details of the local depot. Please note that if the parcel cannot be delivered after several days and has to be returned, we reserve the right to charge you a second delivery charge for re-delivery, should you still wish to receive the product.
Transport damage and discrepancies
We would ask you to please check the condition of your package before signing for the receipt of the goods. If you see damage on the outer packaging,
this must be noted on your copy of the delivery note and on the copy for the carrier.
You can refuse damaged parcels without signing for these.
If you find the transport damage after the carrier has left, please inform us instantly. If the claim is
made on the same day as the delivery, we will still accept liability. Failure
to note damage might affect replacement or refund from us for items damaged in
Discrepancies of quantities or product codes need to be reported to us within 5 working days from delivery. We might be unable to accept liability for any missing items if incorrect quantities are not highlighted within this period.
Payment and Security
We offer a range of payment options including Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa electron, PayPal and Proforma.
We never store your payment card data on our own servers. All our web based credit/debit card transactions are handled by Stripe, the market leader in secure online transactions. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and has been awarded the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. Stripe forces HTTPS for all services using TLS (SSL) and card numbers are encrypted with AES-256, with keys stored on separate servers.
Shoppers are also protected from fraudulent use of their card in a "cardholder not present" environment by their card issuers. The card issuer provides the right for a shopper to dispute a transaction if the goods/services did not arrive or if the card was used fraudulently.
Our payments already comply with Strong Customer Authentication, part of the 2019 second Payment Services Directive (PSD2) regulations in Europe. We continually monitor changes in the payment industry to ensure we are doing everything we can to safeguard our customer's payment data. This includes our GDPR and data protection compliance.
If you should have any questions regarding security, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
30 Day Payment Accounts
Businesses can apply for a 30 day credit account after they have been trading with Safelincs for a period of time (usually after the first three pre-paid orders). Please complete a credit application form.
The NHS, GPs, dentists, schools, churches, public bodies and most charities automatically qualify for 30 day credit accounts. Please ensure that you are sending us a purchase order number, your invoice and delivery address on your formal letterheads.
Safelincs reserves the right to decline requests for 30 day accounts.
You can select the ‘Proforma’ payment option during the checkout. This allows you to:
- pay orders per bank transfer or cheque
- process orders which have to be paid by a different person (eg the Finance Department) than the person selecting the products
- use the Proforma as a binding quote (valid for 30 days)
To create the Proforma (also called Proforma Invoice) complete the checkout after selecting "Proforma" and print out the Proforma Invoice. It states the bank details should you want to transfer payment. You can use bank transfer, cheque payment, card payment. Please make sure that you state the Proforma number on any payment details. Once we have received your payment we will ship your order. You will automatically receive a full invoice per email and with the goods. A Proforma is not a legally binding order and you do not have to proceed with the purchase until you have paid. Please note that a Proforma is only valid for 30 days.
- You can cancel your order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery or within 30 days from receipt of delivery (exceptions apply, see below). To return your good please visit www.safelincs.co.uk/returns, Email us email@example.com or call us on 0800 612 6537.
- Please pack the goods in their original packaging. The goods need to be in a re-sellable condition to be refunded. British Standards copies cannot be accepted back if the packaging is opened. Electrical equipment must not have been powered up. Product must not have been installed. Air filter or defibrillation pads cannot be returned if opened.
- If goods are not returned in original packaging or re-sellable condition we will reduce the refund value to reflect that the product will have to be sold as incomplete or damaged or may not be sellable at all.
- We will refund the sales price (considering above limitations) and the initial postage and packing charges within 14 days of receiving the goods back from you. We do not charge a re-stocking fee.
- You need to return the goods to us at your cost within two weeks following your cancellation. Should the goods not be returned within these two weeks, we can offer to collect the goods and will then deduct the carrier charge of this return from your refund.
- If you do not require the ordered goods at the point of delivery and you refuse the delivery for this reason, we can deduct the cost for the return shipment from your refund.
- If you struggle to return large or heavy items, please contact us on 0800 612 6537 and we can offer collection of the goods. We will then deduct the cost for this collection from your refund. This service is only possible if the collection charges are less than the price paid by you for the product. Heavy items such as safes and collections from remote locations will have significant collection charges. Our staff will quote you a cost for collection based on your product and location.
- Products which are made to measure, made to order or to customer specification can not be returned and refunded.
- Important: Business orders placed with purchase orders are excluded from our returns procedure and are covered by statutory regulation.
Any returns within the UK should be sent, together with your original order details,
33 West Street
Cancellations (call-out & Training)
We keep our call-out charges to a minimum by covering most of our travel costs in the clearly publicised product and service charges. This means that if you are not in when we arrive or you cancel at short notice it becomes very costly to us, we therefore have to make a charge for any missed appointments or short notice cancellations.
Servicing or Installation Appointments:
If you let us know 48 hours in advance that you are not able to keep the planned appointment, we will re-arrange the appointment for you at no cost. However, if our engineers arrive on site as agreed and our customer is not in we will charge customers a £40 call out fee.
Training events require significant preparation and often include hotel stays for our trainers. We therefore charge the full training course costs if a training event is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice or if it is not attended.
Safelincs Free Extended Warranty
Safelincs offers its customers a free minimum 5 year warranty on essential fire safety products. Many of the extended warranties are exclusive and only available from Safelincs.
The products covered by the minimum 5 year warranty are:
- Phoenix fire safes
- Sentry fire safes
- Burton fire safes
- Portable fire extinguishers are covered by a minimum 5 year warranty, some models even have a 10 year warranty
- Smoke alarms have a minimum warranty of 5 years, some even 10 years.
- Carbon monoxide alarms have a warranty of at least 5 years (some even up to 10 years)
- Anti-arson letterboxes
- Emergency lighting
- Dorgard fire door retainers
- Geofire Agrippa fire door retainers
- Overhead fire door closers have a 5 year warranty, some even have a 10 year warranty
- Fire exit door hardware benefits from a 5 year warranty, some even have a 10 year warranty
- Fire extinguisher stands and cabinets
- Fire escape ladders
The above warranties are underwritten by Safelincs. Claims against the warranties need to be made through Safelincs. You do not have to fill in the manufacturer's warranty forms to qualify for our warranties.
Our free extended warranties do not restrict your statutory rights in any way
Covered by our warranties are:
- Manufacturing defects
- Product defects resulting from manufacturer’s design errors
- Damages resulting from the incorrect handling of a product
- Defects due to a lack of maintenance
- Repairs or modifications carried out by the customer or third parties
- Defects caused by fire or smoke (please refer in such cases to our ‘free replacement after fire policy’)
- Installation in an unsuitable location
- Excluded is any consequential damage caused by the products or their malfunction
- We will not cover the cost of installation of replacement components supplied as replacements under this warranty.
Special Notes to product groups:
To be covered by our warranty fire extinguishers must be installed, serviced and periodically refilled in accordance to the manufacturer’s instructions. Any replacement components fitted in the process of maintenance are not covered by our warranty. Accidental damage and misuse of the fire extinguishers are also not covered
5 year warranty:
The warranty extends 5 years from the date of purchase up to, but exclusive of, the first extended service due after 5 years
10 year warranty: The warranty extends 10 years from the date of purchase up to, but excluding, the second extended service due after 10 years.
What happens if a customer discovers a product fault?
Claims against our warranties must be made through Safelincs.
- Please contact Safelincs with your invoice number and inform us about the defect. We will discuss the case with you and will agree on a solution for you. You might be asked to provide photos before we can establish the best way forward.
- We will either arrange free repair/free replacement for your product or request the return of your product for further analysis. This choice is at Safelincs’ discretion.
- Should Safelincs ask for a product back for further analysis or repair, we will arrange for the transport and the subsequent return.
- Should a product be returned to us without being defective, we will return the unit to the customer at cost.
The warranty still applies; the goods, however, must be sent to us at the customer's expense for repair or replacement and the return shipment must be paid for by the customer.
Installation and Servicing of Fire Extinguishers
We offer an optional nationwide (mainland UK) installation service, which includes
extinguisher hanging, inspection, labelling and certification by our BAFE approved fire extinguisher engineers. Alternatively, customers
can choose to install the extinguishers themselves but we strongly recommend that
you carry out a careful visual inspection once you have received the extinguisher
to ensure that there has been no transport damage, that the safety pin moves freely,
that the pressure gauge needle (where applicable) is in the green and that you
have received the correct extinguisher. Even though we inspect our extinguishers
prior to shipment and are protecting them very carefully against transport damage,
we will not issue pre-shipping inspection certificates, as extinguishers can be
damaged in transit. The practice of issuing pre-shipping inspection certificates
can be dangerous as it can make the customer believe that the extinguishers do
not require a visual inspection by the customer on receipt of the extinguishers.
We also offer to come out to you, after you have hung the extinguishers yourself, to carry out an inspection of the extinguishers and to apply extinguisher servicing labels. This process is called commissioning and can be ordered online when you are choosing fire extinguishers. Commissioning is cheaper than our full fire extinguisher installation service. We also offer to remove old extinguisher for responsible recycling. There is a charge per extinguisher to cover this optional service.
If you are a business you usually need to have the extinguishers serviced for the first
time after 12 months and yearly thereafter (unless you install the service-free P50 fire extinguisher series). We offer extinguisher servicing nationwide on mainland UK.
Customers living in remote areas should note that some servicing/installation
services may be affected, or not available. We will inform you as soon as possible
of any potential problems. If you want to check before placing an order, please
call us on 0800 6126537.
Installations of fire extinguishers are carried out within 14 days. Commissioning of fire extinguishers is carried out within 28 days. Servicing of fire extinguishers is carried out within 30 days
Refurbishment of Fire Extinguishers
We offer a complete refurbishment service for the Britannia P50 extinguishers when they are 10 years old or in cases where they are accidentally discharged or damaged. The refurbishment will extend the life of the extinguishers for a further 10 years and they are then covered by a new 10 year warranty. A Britannia P50 extinguisher cannot be refurbished to last beyond 20 years and must be completely replaced at this time. The cost of the refurbishment is currently £120 ex VAT and includes collection and re-delivery from and to your premises.
We will always try to do everything right first time. Sadly, errors can still happen. If we make an error, we promise that we will do our best to rectify the situation as soon as possible. We will discuss the possible solutions with you and then agree the corrective actions together. We will also keep a record about what has been agreed in our customer database so that we can always continue our discussion with you at a later date should the need arise. Please notify us of any complaints by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help you. Your complaint will be treated confidentially. We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and will advise you about the length of time it will take to resolve the complaint. We will also keep you informed throughout the process.
Recycling of old electrical and electronic items (WEEE regulations)
We have signed up to Valpak's WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Distributor Take-Back Scheme (Phase 4 Registration ID: 401363). Private households can therefore drop off their electronic and electrical fire safety waste at their municipal recycling centre when they purchase new products from us. To find your nearest recycling centre, please visit www.recycle-more.co.uk.
Please note that Safelincs Ltd, as a member of the Distributor Take-Back Scheme
(DTS), do not accept expired electrical items like smoke alarms sent to our premises by private households.
We charge UK VAT at 20% (VAT no GB827 6397 88).
Customers from the Channel Islands can ask for the VAT to be removed from the invoice total. Please ring our office to place your order, emphasising the Channel Island delivery location.
International customers can discuss their VAT requirements with our export team
International customers whose shipping address is in the UK but who export the goods out of the EU can ask for a VAT refund after supplying us with proof of export. Please note that we will deduct the bank transfer charges from the refund.