The G5 is the newest model in the Cardiac Science Powerheart range, featuring clear voice and text prompts throughout CPR and defibrillation treatment. The Powerheart G5 is a semi-automatic unit, designed to provide a life-saving shock at the press of a button, allowing even persons with limited first aid knowledge to successfully operate the unit. Customised energy levels are set based on an automatic analysis of each patient and shock levels are increased if more than one shock is required. The G5 features non-polarised defibrillator pads and CPR guidance prompts, and is available with CPR Device feature which gives feedback to the rescuer ensuring compressions are given at the correct rate and depth.
Exclusive extras from Safelincs:
- Semi-automatic unit - administers a shock at the press of a button
- Supplied with one set of adult electrode pads, battery and software + exclusive extras
- AED Defibrillator Responder Kit available separately
- 8 year manufacturers warranty on the defibrillator unit
- Battery stand-by life: 4 years
- 2 year electrode pad life (from date of manufacture)
- Daily, weekly and monthly self-tests performed by the unit
- Increases energy levels if more than one shock is required
- LED indicators show when the device is ready for use and the remaining battery capacity
- Available with iCPR device (CPR) feature: provides real-time CPR feedback for correct compression rate and depth
- Provides voice and text prompts to help guide the rescuer throughout CPR and defibrillation treatment
- Robust design for high resistance against dust and moisture
- Includes non-polarized adult pads that can be placed in either position on the patient
- Stores usage information that can be later transferred to a computer for analysis: USB port
- Time taken for initial analysis to ready to shock: 15 seconds (typical)
- Can be used to treat young patients (1-8 years old) using the paediatric infant/child pads (sold separately)
- On-site AED Training Courses are available to purchase separately
Please note: The 'shelf life' of a battery is the length of time it can be stored prior to installation in the defibrillator without affecting the stand-by life. These batteries can be stored for 5 years from date of manufacture and still give a full 4 years of stand-by life once installed in a defibrillator. Replacement Powerheart G5 batteries are available to purchase separately.
Please note: There is presently a nationwide shortage of Cardiac Science G5 products. Unfortunately we cannot advise on a lead time for products that we do not currently have in stock so please disregard any expected dispatch dates.
The Cardiac Science Powerheart G5 defibrillator is supplied with a range of accessories in preparation for administering life saving treatment. When purchasing this unit, you will receive:
- 1 x Cardiac Science Powerheart G5 defibrillator
- 1 x Lithium battery
- 1 x Pair of adult defib pads
- 1 x Defibrillator management software
- 1 x Defibrillator manual
- 1 x Getting started card
Exclusive extras from Safelincs:
Q. Can you tell me if an employer has a legal obligation to service/calibrate a defibrillator at regular time spans? Do first aiders have to go on regular refresher courses to operate them? Finally, what is the approximate life span of a defibrillator?
Thank you for your enquiry. There is no legal obligation to ensure that the defibrillator is regularly serviced. It is the Health and Safety Manager's responsibility to ensure that the pads have not exceeded their standby life and that the battery is fully charged. The Cardiac Science defibrillators carry out automatic self tests which would indicate if there is a problem with the unit. It is no longer compulsory for people to be trained before using the defibrillator, although it is highly recommended. Again, refresher courses are available, but they are not compulsory - only recommended. A defibrillator does not have an approximate lifespan. As long as the battery and pads are replaced when needed, the defibrillator will continue working past the warranty period.