The Powerheart G5 fully automatic defib is the latest model from Cardiac Science, featuring CPR guidance and automatic shock delivery without the need for manual input. The Powerheart G5 gives clear voice and text instructions during the defibrillation process, ensuring that even first-time users are able to operate it successfully. Energy levels are customised based on an automatic analysis of each patient and shock levels are increased if more than one shock is required. This defibrillator is available with a CPR device, enabling the device to provide real-time CPR feedback to help ensure maximum effectiveness of chest compressions.
Exclusive extras from Safelincs:
- Fully automatic operation - automatically delivers a shock, if needed
- Supplied with one set of adult electrode pads, battery and software + exclusive extras
- AED Defibrillator Responder Kit available separately
- 8 year manufacturers warranty on the defibrillator unit
- 4 year battery standby life
- 2 year electrode pad life (from date of manufacture)
- Daily, weekly and monthly automatic self tests performed by the unit
- Energy levels are increased should the initial lower dose shock be unsuccessful
- Robust design for high resistance against dust and moisture
- Provides LED indication for visual assurance that the defibrillator is fully functional
- Battery status indicator shows the remaining battery capacity
- Non-polarized adult pads help to save time in an emergency
- Available with iCPR device (CPR) feature: provides real-time CPR feedback for correct compression rate and depth
- Stores usage information that can be transferred to a computer for analysis: USB port
- Can be used on young patients with the infant/child pads (sold separately)
- Typical time taken for initial analysis and time to charge: 15 seconds
- On-site AED Training Courses are available to purchase separately
Please note: The 'shelf life' of a battery is the length of time it can be stored prior to installation in the defibrillator without affecting the stand-by life. These batteries can be stored for 5 years from date of manufacture and still give a full 4 years of stand-by life once installed in a defibrillator. Replacement Powerheart G5 batteries are available to purchase separately.
The Cardiac Science Powerheart G5 defibrillator is supplied with a range of accessories in preparation for administering life saving treatment. When purchasing this unit, you will receive:
- 1 x Cardiac Science Powerheart G5 defibrillator
- 1 x Lithium battery
- 1 x Pair of adult electrode pads
- 1 x Defibrillator manual
- 1 x Defibrillator management software
- 1 x Getting started card
Exclusive extras from Safelincs:
This is the technical data for the Cardiac Science Powerheart G5 Defibrillator Fully-Automatic.
|Without CPR Device (Non-CPRD)
|With CPR Device (CPRD)
|Manufacturer Part Number
||Non-CPRD Version: G5A-02A
CPRD Version: G5A-02C
|Battery Shelf Life
||5 years (from manufacture)
|Battery Stand-by Life
||4 years (after installation)
||250 shocks (minimum)
||0 °C - 50 °C
||Short Term: 0 °C to +50 °C - max. 5 days
Long Term: +20 °C to +30 °C
||10% to 95%
||Biphasic truncated exponential
The following datasheets are available for this product.
Q. Can you tell me if an employer has a legal obligation to service/calibrate a defibrillator at regular time spans? Do first aiders have to go on regular refresher courses to operate them? Finally, what is the approximate life span of a defibrillator?
Thank you for your enquiry. There is no legal obligation to ensure that the defibrillator is regularly serviced. It is the Health and Safety Manager's responsibility to ensure that the pads have not exceeded their standby life and that the battery is fully charged. The Cardiac Science defibrillators carry out automatic self tests which would indicate if there is a problem with the unit. It is no longer compulsory for people to be trained before using the defibrillator, although it is highly recommended. Again, refresher courses are available, but they are not compulsory - only recommended. A defibrillator does not have an approximate lifespan. As long as the battery and pads are replaced when needed, the defibrillator will continue working past the warranty period.