The Kidde fire escape ladder is a lightweight portable unit, tested to hold over 450kg in weight. Its compact design makes the ladder easy to store in a convenient and accessible location, ready for use in case of an emergency. The Kidde fire escape ladder is supplied assembled for immediate use, meaning there is no complex assembly required.
- Tangle-free, portable fire escape ladder
- Manufactured using durable, flame resistant materials
- Available in two lengths:
- 3.9m (13ft) for two storey buildings
- 7.6m (25ft) for three storey buildings
- Compact, lightweight design for convenient storage and ease of use
- Tested to withstand up to 453.5kg (1000lbs) in weight
- 5 year manufacturer's warranty
- Designed for single use
- Suitable for walls up to 27.9cm (11 inches) thick
Once a fire starts in the home, lives are either lost or saved depending on how quickly you can get out. The value of a fire escape ladder is only ever recognised when a speedy exit is needed.
Designed for quick escape, the Kidde fire escape ladder deploys tangle-free and rapidly, which makes it an ideal product for families.
These light and compact ladders fit easily under most beds or in bedroom cupboards. Kidde recommend that you have a fire escape ladder stored in all upstairs bedrooms.
The ladders are designed for single use.
This ladder is suitable for a window sill/wall thickness of 11 inches maximum.
A minimum window width of 16 inches is also required. Please ensure that your wall/window sill is suitable for the ladder.
Once the Velcro strap holding the rungs together is open, the ladder cannot be returned to us for safety reasons. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Q. Can you test the Kidde escape ladder?
Yes, it is possible to practice using the Kidde escape ladder. The Kidde escape ladder is held together before deployment with a velcro strap. It is possible that with excessive use the velcro will not hold the ladder effectively in place but occasional practice should not cause a problem.