Britannia's MED approved 6 kg powder fire extinguisher is a service-free fire extinguisher with guaranteed 10 year life. This MED unit is fitted with a Schrader valve to allow easy re-filling and re-pressuring of the unit which is beneficial for units in marine applications. As well as the completely non-corrosive components used to make this model, the Britannia MED approved 6 kg powder fire extinguisher is far more durable in industrial environments.
- Free site survey and installation (including wall sign) by certified engineers with every P50 extinguisher. Once you have placed the order we will contact you to arrange a date for the free delivery, free site survey, free installation and free certification / training (within 2-4 weeks). Find out more.
- Free Certification by extinguisher engineer at installation
- Extinguisher Rating 43A 233B C - far surpasses standard 6kg / 9kg powders
- Corrosion-resistant design
- 10 Year savings on engineer's charges
- No refill after five years required
- 10 Year Warranty
- Manufactured in the UK
- Kitemarked by BSI to BS EN3
- MED Approved
- Boat safety scheme approved
- Schrader valve allows easy re-filling and re-pressurising
- Eco-friendly extinguisher - all components recyclable
- Can be factory refurbished after use or at the end of its 10 year life to give another 10 year lifespan. This service costs currently £80 ex VAT including collection and re-delivery from and to your premises.
- UV Protected
- Super strength composite construction
- Over 1kg lighter than a standard 6kg powder extinguisher
- Supplied with wall bracket and signage
- Free 'after fire replacement'
Please note: The use of powder fire extinguishers indoors is not recommended by BS 5306-8:2012 due to the mess powder creates and the potential impairment of vision and respiration it can cause.
Safelincs offer a free installation service, as well as a free site survey with each P50 service-free fire extinguisher purchase. Please be advised that prior to installation, we shall ask for your Asbestos Report relating to your premises. If this is something you are unable to provide, we shall ask if the building was built before the year 2000. Please note that if we do not receive this information, we would advise to purchase the P50 Stand as our engineers will not be able to drill on your premises at the time of the visit.
The process is quick and simple, here is the step-by-step guide:
- Free Site Survey: After placing your order we will contact you to arrange your free site survey, which will be carried out by one of our certified service engineers. This will identify if your selected extinguishers will provide your property with the correct coverage. Due to the very high ratings of the P50, it is often possible to reduce the number of extinguishers you have on your premises. This free site survey will highlight this and we will suggest that you amend your order accordingly, which will save you money.
- Free Installation: We will contact you and book a convenient time with you to install your P50 service-free fire extinguishers free of charge. The free installation includes wall brackets and wall hanging each extinguisher. If you require stands for your extinguishers instead, we can supply these for you at an additional cost. Please let the engineer know at the time of the site survey.
- Certification: Once all extinguishers are installed the service engineer will complete all documentation and certification of your P50 fire extinguishers for you. A signature confirming the completion of the work will be required for this certification. We will also issue you with a letter for your insurance company to inform them of the change in your fire extinguisher provision, ensuring that you remain compliant.
- Training of the visual inspection: We will train your staff how to carry out the simple of your P50 service-free fire extinguishers. Please note that, like for any extinguisher, you still need to do a simple monthly check to ensure that the extinguishers are in the right place, fully charged and undamaged. All visual inspections should be recorded in your log book. Here is a simple free online fire safety log book.
- Aftercare: With our award-winning customer service you can rest assured that we will always be here if you have any questions or queries about your P50 service-free fire extinguishers.
Key Product Features
Super strength composite construction provides durability and corrosion resistance
A rating of 43A and 233B plus di-electrical testing far surpasses standard 6ltr powders
MED and boat safety scheme approved
Annual self-inspection table printed on the back of the unit to help ensure compliance