Britannia's P50 6kg powder fire extinguisher is a service-free fire extinguisher, never requiring an engineer call-out during the unit's 10 year guaranteed life. With kitemark to the EN3 standard, these extinguishers conform to all of the latest standards and offer many benefits.
- Free site survey and installation (including wall sign) by certified engineers with every P50 extinguisher. Once you have placed the order we will contact you to arrange a date for the free delivery, free site survey, free installation and free certification/training (within 2-4 weeks). Find out more
- Free Certification by extinguisher engineer at installation
- Extinguisher Rating: 43A, 233B & C - far surpasses standard 6kg powder
- Corrosion-proof design
- 10 Year savings on engineer's charges
- No refill after five years required
- 10 Year Warranty
- Manufactured in Britannia's Norwich production plant
- Kitemarked by BSI to BS EN3
- Recyclable extinguisher
- Can be factory refurbished after use or at the end of its 10 year life to give another 10 year lifespan. This service costs currently £120 ex VAT including collection and re-delivery from and to your premises.
- UV Protected
- Super strength composite construction
- Over 1kg lighter than a standard 6kg powder extinguisher
- Supplied with wall bracket and extinguisher ID wall sign
- Free 'after fire replacement'
- Suitable for use on electrical fires
Please note: The use of powder fire extinguishers indoors is not recommended by BS 5306-8:2012 due to the mess powder creates and the potential impairment of vision and respiration it can cause.
Please note: In light of the recent government guidance regarding Coronavirus we are currently not carrying out onsite P50 visual inspection training. Training in how to visually inspect your P50 extinguishers will instead be carried out via a video tutorial which you will receive at point of purchase.
Q. My building insurance states that the extinguishers installed need to be checked yearly by a competent person. Have the self-maintenance extinguishers been passed by insurance companies?
All major insurances have approved P50 fire extinguishers. The relevant sections in the extinguisher servicing standard BS5306-3:2009 state that a competent person needs to maintain all extinguishers and that such a competent person is primarily defined as to have the ability to carry out the procedures as defined by the manufacturer. The manufacturer Britannia Fire clearly states that only a visual inspection is required. When you purchase the Britannia extinguishers from us our engineers will install the extinguishers free of charge and train you how to carry out the yearly inspection. They also ensure that you are suitably covered in accordance to the relevant British Standards.The engineers will also issue you an installation certificate. There is also a video that demonstrates the visual inspection on the website.
Q. Is a magnet provided with the extinguisher?
Yes, when the engineer installs the extinguisher and gives the training on the yearly service he will leave a magnet with each customer.
Q. What happens after I place the order?
We will confirm a date with you for the visit by our certified engineer. The cost for this visit and all the work the engineer does is included in the price you paid for the extinguishers. The engineer will usually bring the extinguishers with him (if not we will send the extinguishers up front). First of all the engineer will check that the extinguisher is adequate for the building and the use. He/she will then install the extinguisher and train you in the simple yearly visual inspection of the extinguisher. You will then receive a certificate to confirm the training and the suitability of the extinguishers installed. You also receive a form to be filled in by you that needs to be sent to your insurance company to inform them about the new maintenance regime. After that all you have to do is carry on with your normal visual inspection required for any extinguishers and the yearly 3 step visual inspection which needs to be recorded in your fire safety logbook. No other activity is required for the next ten years.
Key Product Features
Super strength composite construction provides durability and corrosion resistance
A rating of 43A, 233B & C with electrical approval far surpasses standard 6kg powder units
Nickel-plated brass head assembly with double pressure gauge system built-in
Annual self-inspection table printed on the back of the unit to help ensure compliance