The Evac+Chair 600H is ideal for use in locations with difficult access, such as staircases with small half landings or where it is necessary to ascend (rather than descend) stairs e.g. from a basement. Supplied with two additional handles, the 600H evacuation chair is suitable for up to 4 operators during use in the event of emergency. When used with the additional handles, the 600H can be used where you may need to go up the stairs i.e. from basement level. The specially designed friction belts mean that the passenger can descend stairs smoothly and efficiently in the event of emergency, without slipping or accelerating too quickly.
- Ideal for locations with difficult access
- Two additional handles for 2 to 4 operators as needed
- Can be used to go up stairs as well as down (2 operators required to ascend stairs)
- Smooth, non-slip descent
- Supportive friction belts allow comfortable escape
- Easy to use
- Lightweight - no heavy lifting required
- Sling style seat and safety belts mean that the passenger can not be tipped forward
- Manufactured in the UK by Evac+Chair
- Retractable rear and front grab handles for tidy storage
- Maximum passenger capacity: 182kg
- DDA compliant product
- Restraints allow for the passenger to feel secure during use
- Supplied with wall mounting hooks, dust cover and photoluminescent sign
- Comprehensive CD-Rom user guide included as standard
- Class I Medical Device and regulated under PUWER
- Annual EVAC+CHAIR servicing available
- Also available to purchase with on site Evacuation Chair Training
Equal opportunity and health and safety requirements are guided by a number of current legislations. The 600H chair provides a solution to the evacuation needs of less able persons of both commercial and residential applications. Legislation requirements to be met by building operators and employers include:
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 - Means of escape
- Building Regulations Parts B and M - Building use and access
- BS5588-8:1999 - Providing disabled people with measures to be assisted in an emergency
- Equality Act 2009 - Ensuring that disabled people are not at a disadvantage compared to those that are not disabled
- DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) - Providing adequate access and facilities for any disabled person who may enter a building
Evac+Chairs are Class I Medical Devices with their installation and use regulated under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER). Employers, self-employed people, and those employed to supervise or manage equipment are responsible for ensuring that a reasonable amount of staff are adequately trained to use Evac+Chairs safely, that the chairs are annually serviced by a qualified engineer, and that they are regularly inspected by a competent worker.
This is the technical data for the EVAC+CHAIR 600H Evacuation Chair.
||Folded Position: 1200x600x300mm
Deployed Position: 1400x600x1100mm
The following datasheets are available for this product.
Q. Is there a minimum age or weight for the Evac+Chairs?
A. No, the Evac+Chairs are suitable for children (not babies or small toddlers that can be carried) as they come with patient restraints to keep the user secure in the chair while in motion, especially, when descending stairs. It is a recommendation from the manufacturer that when you purchase an Evac+Chair for a specific child user that adding a comfy Seat (ECCHAIRSEA) would be beneficial as the hammock style seat can be quite uncomfortable for younger users.
2 customers have rated this product and it has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5
All our reviews are written by real customers that have purchased this product from us and are published without modification.
Reviewed by: -
Published on: 27th March 2015
Reviewed by: -
Published on: 2nd April 2013