The Evac+Chair 500 evacuation chair is lightweight, easy to use and provides the ideal solution for escape down steep stairways. The emergency evacuation chair has a number of features to benefit both the user and the chair operators. Specially designed friction belts work with the wheels to ensure a comfortable stress-free descent down stairways in the event of emergency.
- Single person operation to evacuate the passenger
- Two person operation possible with additional handles supplied
- For use on regular and steep stairs (45°)
- Specially modified friction belts for smooth descent
- Movement over stair nosings works in proportion to the passenger's weight
- Caters for heavier weight capacity compared to other chairs on the market
- Lightweight - requires no heavy lifting
- Allows evacuation of less able persons during emergency situations
- Maximum passenger load: 500lbs/227kg
- Lower grip handle folds away
- Foot rest and patient restraints for comfort during use
- Supplied with photoluminescent sign, dust cover and wall mounting hooks
- Helps organisations to meet their health and safety responsibilities
- Manufactured in the UK by Evac+Chair
- DDA compliant product
- Class I Medical Device and regulated under PUWER
- Annual EVAC+CHAIR servicing available
- Also available to purchase with on site Evacuation Chair Training
Under current legislation it is the responsibility of the employer and other building operators to provide an adequate means of escape for all occupants of the premises. The Evac+Chair 440 is the ideal solution for the evacuation of mobility impaired persons who may not be able to use stairs on a daily basis. The inclusion of the evacuation chair means that all occupants have an equal opportunity to escape from a building in the event of emergency. Current legislation includes:
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 - Means of escape
- Building Regulations Parts B and M - Building use and access
- BS5588-8:1999 - Providing disabled people with measures to be assisted in an emergency
- Equality Act 2009 - Ensuring that disabled people are not at a disadvantage compared to those that are not disabled
- DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) - Providing adequate access and facilities for any disabled person who may enter a building
Evac+Chairs are Class I Medical Devices with their installation and use regulated under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER). Employers, self-employed people, and those employed to supervise or manage equipment are responsible for ensuring that a reasonable amount of staff are adequately trained to use Evac+Chairs safely, that the chairs are annually serviced by a qualified engineer, and that they are regularly inspected by a competent worker.
This is the technical data for the EVAC+CHAIR 500 Evacuation Chair.
||Folded Position: 1200x520x220mm
The following datasheets are available for this product.
Q. Is there a minimum age or weight for the Evac+Chairs?
A. No, the Evac+Chairs are suitable for children (not babies or small toddlers that can be carried) as they come with patient restraints to keep the user secure in the chair while in motion, especially, when descending stairs. It is a recommendation from the manufacturer that when you purchase an Evac+Chair for a specific child user that adding a comfy Seat (ECCHAIRSEA) would be beneficial as the hammock style seat can be quite uncomfortable for younger users.
2 customers have rated this product and it has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5
All our reviews are written by real customers that have purchased this product from us and are published without modification.
Reviewed by: -
Brilliant Product. A great solution to a common problem
Published on: 20th February 2015
Reviewed by: -
Published on: 1st September 2014