The EVAC+CHAIR Emergency Evacuation Chair enables evacuation of less mobile persons in emergency situations down a flight of stairs. This can be achieved with only a single operator.
The chair protects the person in the chair with safety buckles, an optional forehead restraint, and a sling-style seat that ensures the user is sat back in the chair and cannot be tipped forward. The Emergency Evacuation Chair's wheels are supported by specially designed friction belts which ensure the chair does not slip or accelerate too rapidly while descending a flight of stairs. The distribution of the chair's weight and load ensures that the descent is smooth and comfortable for both the user and the operator.
- Provided with photoluminescent signs as well as hooks for wall mounting
- The supplied dust cover helps to protect the evacuation chair
- User manual and CD supplied with the chair to provide operator guidance
- Anti-scratch powder coated finish
- Padded material covers the chair's leg and back bars for user comfort
- UK manufactured by Evac+Chair
- 5 Year Warranty
- CE marked
- TÜV Certified
- The EVAC+CHAIR 300H MK4 Evacuation Chair is registered with the MHRA
- DDA compliant product
- Also available to purchase with on site Evacuation Chair Training
As well as providing an ethical solution to aid users in evacuation, the Evac+Chair also helps businesses meet many current legislation requirements, such as:
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 - Means of escape
- Building Regulations Parts B and M - Building use and access
- BS5588-8:1999 - Providing disabled people with measures to be assisted in an emergency
- Equality Act 2009 - Ensuring that disabled people are not at a disadvantage compared to those that are not disabled
- DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) - Providing adequate access and facilities for any disabled person who may enter a building
This is the technical data for the EVAC+CHAIR 300H MK4 Evacuation Chair.
||Folded Postion: 1040x520x200mm
Q. How do I get the person from their desk to the stairs?
A. In the event of an emergency / evacuation the Evac+Chair should be taken by a trained member of staff to the location of the intended user of the Evac+Chair. This person can either self-transfer to the Evac+Chair or be assisted as required. The Evac+Chair can then be moved along the corridor / floor to the stairway for downwards evacuation.
Q. Are Evac+Chairs required?
A. Under a variety of legislations, and as a responsible employer, there are many obligations placed upon the organisation which can be accommodated by the installation of an Evac+Chair, together with appropriate training and maintenance.
Q. Who provides service for my Evac+Chair?
A. As a Class 1 Medical Device, and in compliance with the PUWER Regulations, an Evac+Chair should be serviced and maintained annually to ensure it operates safely. Safelincs offers a ServiCare Contract to meet these requirements.
In addition to the annual service, the ServiCare Contract also includes 1 additional site visit during the 12 month period should this be required.
Q. Where should I store my Evac+Chair?
A. The Evac+Chair needs to be in plain sight of all building occupants. The Evac+Chair is supplied with 2 wall mounting hooks to enable the chair to be located in the most appropriate area. Additionally, the bright yellow branded cover that is supplied with the Evac+Chair should ensure that once in position, the chair remains in focus.
Q. How can I stop the chair if Iíve already started going down stairs?
A. Simply by stopping your own downward progress you will stop the descent of the Evac+Chair.
Show all FAQs
5 customers have rated this product and it has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5
All our reviews are written by real customers that have purchased this product from us and are publsihed without modification.
Reviewed by: LW
Product appeared good but not suitable for the purpose
When selling this item it may be worth asking people for the width of their stair. This item was required for a football stadium and the width of the stairs are not standard size, however there is no indication that this would not be suitable for our use. The service was good and you did kindly arrange for a refund.
Published on: 11th January 2017
Reviewed by: -
Tried a few, but this one is good quality and easy to use.
Published on: 9th October 2015
Reviewed by: -
Haven't had to use the chair yet but it look great and feels like it is well built
Published on: 9th June 2015
Reviewed by: -
Published on: 28th May 2015
Reviewed by: -
They are really good and very sturdy would reccommend them
Published on: 13th October 2014