CALL OUR TEAM NOW 0800 612 6537 Also FREE from UK mobiles

Customer Notice

We are currently experiencing a power failure at our head office and warehouse. You may still place your order, but shipping and communication may be affected until electricity is restored.

Smoke, Fire & Gas Detection FAQs

Why is carbon monoxide dangerous?

Having no colour, smell or taste means that it is very hard to detect. Inhaling carbon monoxide reduces the blood's ability to carry oxygen, leaving the body's organs and cells starved of oxygen. Each year, over 50 people die in the UK as a direct result of exposure to Carbon Monoxide Gas (CO). Many more people die through strokes and respiratory illness made worse by inhaling low levels of CO over prolonged periods. More, still are left with permanent damage and invalidity.

View all smoke, fire & gas detection FAQs


 

(doc:536 V1.0). Our articles are reviewed regularly. However, any changes made to standards or legislation following the review date will not have been considered. Please note that we provide abridged, easy-to-understand guidance. To make detailed decisions about your fire safety provisions, you might require further advice or need to consult the full standards and legislation.