The CO850MRLi is a mains powered carbon monoxide (CO) alarm installed with a tamper-proof, rechargeable lithium back-up battery to ensure the continuation of the alarm's functionality in the event of mains failure. The alarm can hardwire interlink with up to 12 compatible carbon monoxide alarms to provide a simultaneous warning and is supplied with a 5 year manufacturer's warranty as standard. Coloured indicators are used to display power, alarm and faults so any problems can be identified quickly.
- 230V mains powered carbon monoxide alarm
- Fitted with a tamper-proof, rechargeable lithium back-up battery
- Kitemarked to BS EN 50291-1:2010
- 5 year manufacturer's warranty
- Please note that BRK and First Alert are no longer manufacturing new stock for the European Market and while the products may have a 2018/19 manufacturing date they still provide a full 10 year lifespan and full warranty cover from date of purchase
- Loud 85dB warning alarm at 1m
- Power, alarm and fault indicators
- Hardwire interlink with up to 12 compatible devices
- Combined test and reset button
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 134x69x60mm
Q. What are the regulations to testing CO detectors? Do I need to use test gas?
There is no legal or BSI requirement to test the CO detectors with a test gas. A weekly check with the test button is fully sufficient if you choose a quality CO detector. The test gas is offered as a 'belts and braces' option.
Q. Do you need an electrician to connect mains powered smoke alarms?
It is necessary that an electrician installs mains powered smoke alarms.
Q. Is this CO Detector compliant with all relevant standards to allow me to place it in a tenanted property as I am a landlord?
Yes, this CO alarm has been Kitemarked to EN 50291-1: 2010 and has been awarded a CE mark. It should be installed in line with the manufacturers guidance.