The CO850MRLi is a mains powered carbon monoxide (CO) alarm installed with a tamper-proof, rechargeable lithium back-up battery to ensure the continuation of the alarm's functionality in the event of mains failure. The alarm can hardwire interlink with up to 12 compatible carbon monoxide alarms to provide a simultaneous warning and is supplied with a 5 year manufacturer's warranty as standard. Coloured indicators are used to display power, alarm and faults so any problems can be identified quickly.
- 230V mains powered carbon monoxide alarm
- Fitted with a tamper-proof, rechargeable lithium back-up battery
- Kitemarked to BS EN 50291-1:2010
- 5 year manufacturer's warranty
- Please note that BRK and First Alert are no longer manufacturing new stock for the European Market and while the products may have a 2018/19 manufacturing date they still provide a full 10 year lifespan and full warranty cover from date of purchase
- Loud 85dB warning alarm at 1m
- Power, alarm and fault indicators
- Hardwire interlink with up to 12 compatible devices
- Combined test and reset button
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 134x69x60mm
Q. What are the regulations to testing CO detectors? Do I need to use test gas?
There is no legal or BSI requirement to test the CO detectors with a test gas. A weekly check with the test button is fully sufficient if you choose a quality CO detector. The test gas is offered as a 'belts and braces' option.
Q. Is this CO Detector compliant with all relevant standards to allow me to place it in a tenanted property as I am a landlord?
Yes, this CO alarm has been Kitemarked to EN 50291-1: 2010 and has been awarded a CE mark. It should be installed in line with the manufacturers guidance.