The Ei420 is a mains powered relay base with built-in lithium battery. The base is suitable for interconnecting carbon monoxide alarms into a radio-interlinked system.
- Rechargeable 10 year lithium battery back-up
- 5 year warranty
- Hard-wire up to 12 EI261 alarms
- RF performance to EN 300220-3
- EMC performance to EN 301489-3
- Cover to allow remote siting
- Visual RF transmission indicator
- RF frequency: 868Hz band
- Low battery indicator
- Hard-wired input to connect Ei261 CO alarms to any Ei radio-interlinked system
- Can be used as a stand alone repeater unit for Ei RadioLINK alarms and bases
- RF range 150 metres (minimum) in free space and up to 30 metres in buildings
- Digitally coded to avoid interference with neighbouring systems
- Two way signaling (The unit will transmit a hard-wired signal upon detection of a radio signal and a radio signal upon detection of a hard-wired signal)
Q. Where more than one radio-interlinked battery operated smoke alarm is installed, if the battery in one alarm failed would the other alarms be affected?
If one alarm was to malfunction the other units would not be affected, if it was due to alarm failure. If the fault was with the radio-interlinking signal, then all alarms that are in the chain after the faulty alarm would be affected and they would not go off.