The Davy Descender allows quick emergency escape from upper storeys or high work platforms by providing automatic, controlled descent. The unit operates by allowing a cable with a sling at each end to pass through a geared braking unit which controls the descent rate at a steady speed. Unlike other evacuation devices the Davy Descender has two evacuation slings. When one sling descends the second sling ascends allowing multiple evacuations
to be performed.
- Manufactured in the UK
- 10 Year Warranty
- Geared braking mechanism ensures a controlled rate of descent. The typical speed is 1meter/second, irrespective of weight or height
- The braking mechanism is Double Acting with a quick to fit harness sling on both ends of the cable, allowing escape by an unlimited number of people (one at a time)
- Suitable for upper storey buildings, cranes, balconies and as an additional fall protection on vertical ladders as an alternative to a safety cage
- The unit should be permanently hung at the fixing point
- Available in a number of lengths to suit all applications
- Dimensions (HxWxD):
- Brake unit: 220x65x156mm
- Rubber cable reel (for orderly storage of cable): 205x205x95
- Certified to EN 341 class B for descent heights of up to 125m at a SWL (Safe Working Load) of 150kgs
- CE marked
- View the Maintenance Guidelines
- View the Operating Instructions
- Please note: The Davy Descender is made to order and has a lead time of 7-14 days
Q. Can the Davy Descender be permanently fixed on an outside wall without any protection?
No, the Davy Descender can not be fixed on to an outside wall unprotected from the elements. It can be stored in a weatherproof box outside near to the anchor point, on a roof for example, and then removed and attached to the anchor point when needed.