The Ski Sheet from Hospital Aids is an industry recognised evacuation device used to transfer patients out of a building in an emergency without moving them from their bed. Ski Sheets have a strong nylon, low-friction coating making manoeuvring more controllable and less strenuous on the carers. The Ski Sheet has user straps held in convenient storage pockets to make accessing them quick and easy, NHS approved safety buckles to keep the patient secure during transit, is suitable for laundry and can be used by just two carers.
To fit the Ski Sheet ready for use, you simply lay a mattress on top of it and pull the elasticated (corner) straps over the corners before making the bed. When the device is needed in an emergency, simply remove the buckled straps from their storage pockets to secure the patient in the bed, use the side straps to manoeuvre the mattress (with patient) off the bed frame and then use the straps at each end of the mattress to pull the patient to safety.
- Enables patients to be moved without leaving their bed
- Perfect for use in hospitals, nursing applications and care homes
- CE marked
- Maximum carrying weight: 160kg
- Sheets can be laundered
- NHS approved buckles and webbed strapping
- Two person operation
- Fits any single mattress using the elasticated belts
- Low friction coating for high performance manoeuvrability
- Sheet is hidden when fitted
- Includes an equipment procedure DVD
Please note: Due to the lifesaving nature of these devices, it is recommended that a separate evacuation sheet is used for drills and training purposes. This will ensure that the sheet used in an emergency has been exposed to minimal wear and tear.