The Briton 996 is a fixed strength electromagnetic overhead door closer designed to be connected to your fire alarm system. When the device registers a signal from your fire alarm panel it closes the door to restore your fire barrier, lessening the fire's ability to spread and cause further damage. Available in three power sizes; EN 3, EN 4 and EN 5, the 996 door closer has all the standard features, such as adjustable closing speed and latching action, but also incorporates hold-open and free swing features. Free swing allows the door to swing freely, but activates to close the door should the fire alarm go off, making it ideal for care home bedroom doors where the occupant can leave the door open, or ajar as required, yet closes to provide safety when the fire alarm goes off.
- 10 Year Mechanical Parts Warranty (2 Year Electronic Parts Warranty)
- Linked to and activated by your fire alarm system
- Suitable for installing on the pull side of the door
- Certifire approved - CF 109 certificate
- Available in three power sizes (EN 3, EN 4 and EN 5)
- Adjustable closing speed
- Hold-open feature with adjustable angle
- Tested to all the requirements of EN 1154 and EN 1155
- DDA designed to help satisfy BS8300
- BWF Certified
- Available in EN power sizes 3, 4 and 5
- Supplied with fixings for Fig.1 (regular) and Fig.61 (transom) applications
- Full EN 1154 classifications:
- EN 3: 3 | 8 | 3 | 1 | 1 | 3
- EN 4: 3 | 8 | 4 | 1 | 1 | 3
- EN 5: 3 | 8 | 5 | 1 | 1 | 3
Please Note: This version of the 996 is for pull-side installation only. If you require push-side installation please contact us as these are also available.
This is the technical data for the Briton 996 Hold Open Free-Swing Door Closer.
||Closer body (HxWxD): 64x305x92mm
Terminal box (HxW): Approx 62x38mm
||3, 4 & 5
|Adjustable Closing Speed
|Adjustable Latching Action
||EN 3: 3 | 8 | 3 | 1 | 1 | 3
EN 4: 3 | 8 | 4 | 1 | 1 | 3
EN 5: 3 | 8 | 5 | 1 | 1 | 3
The following datasheets are available for this product.
Q. Can you please explain the closing force rating for door closers?
A. The closing force rating, also called "power size," relates to the maximum width and weights of fire door that the door closer is suitable for.