This system is run in a partnership between the National Fire Chiefs Council (NFCC), Fire Kills and Safelincs and we want as many people as possible to be able to use this system. For example, that means you should be able to:
This accessibility statement applies to the Online Home Fire Safety Check only and does not apply to content on www.nationalfirechiefs.org.uk, firekills.campaign.gov.uk or www.safelincs.co.uk.
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible is this website
- The PDF downloads may not be fully accessible
- You may not be able to modify the line height or spacing of text
- Some part of the system may have a poor colour contrast
- Some heading elements are not consistent
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need information in a different format such as Braille, large print or easy read.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 5 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact email@example.com.
How we tested this website
We use the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA to test how accessible this system is. It has also been tested using automation tools such as web.dev and Siteimprove
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was last reviewed on 31 March 2021.