Low Cost Delivery From £4.16 ex VAT Secure Online Payments with our quick & easy checkout Online Customer Support Contact Our Team Now 5 Star Customer Feedback
Terms & Conditions
We are here to help and can provide you with help and guidance or direct you towards relevant information. If you have any queries relating to the fire safety needs of your home or business, please contact us on 0800 612 6537. Although we will always endeavour to give you the best possible advice, the responsibility for ensuring that you are adhering to fire safety legislation, building regulations, other regulations or best practice remains with you. Please note that any advice given will only apply to UK regulations and standards.
There may be regulations requiring the maintenance of some fire safety products. You are responsible for setting up service and maintenance programmes required for products which you purchased from us. However, to help you with this task, we offer a free reminder service which you can register for after the checkout stage. Just tell us at this point which reminders you wish to receive and at which frequency. The reminders are sent per email. We also offer a free online fire safety logbook to help you keep track of your fire safety activities.
Please note: all mains-powered electrical fire safety equipment must be installed by trained electricians.Fire Safety Advice
Customer Service Policy
We believe that you have a right to be given clear and unmistakable pricing information. We display both VAT exclusive and inclusive prices, where possible. You can select which display is the primary display. Our shipping charges are clearly displayed on every page and shown in the shopping cart the moment a product is placed in it.
Clear product information and additional technical support
We will always describe products in plain English to help you choose and compare products easily. On top of this we display all technical data sheets, manuals and certifications. Our sales staff are trained to advise you on technical issues and are happy to assist you over the phone or by email. We strive to reply within one working day. For more complex products, we have introduced interactive technical help guides, which will break down the complex purchasing decisions into easy chunks and will guide you through the purchasing process.
Single point of contact
No customer wants to be passed around from one telephone operator to the next. Our sales staff are trained to deal with all aspects of customer service. They will advise about products, take orders, deal with any complaints without passing you on to other staff members. Should a staff member not know the answer to your question, they will find out for you and will ring you back. They can also speak with the manufacturer on your behalf and let you know their answers. Should you wish to speak to a manager, they will of course transfer you to the relevant manager to deal with your query. All our staff have their own telephone numbers, so that you can always ring them directly if you want to follow up any discussion.
We would like to understand what you think of our service and our products and we want other customers to benefit from the feedback you give. You will be offered in the checkout the option to request Trustpilot or Google feedback emails. This feedback, which we cannot influence, is displayed both on our website as well as on Trustpilot's or Google’s websites to be seen by other prospective customers. You can also request product feedback emails six weeks after you received your goods so you can tell us how our products performed. Your feedback is then published next to the relevant product for other people to see.
Support during buying process
If you change your mind
If you change your mind, we offer twice the legal requirement for the returns period without quibbling. See also our Returns Policy.
The delivery charge for your order depends on where you live, the total weight of the order and your selected shipping method. Please see table below.
We offer free delivery for many products. When an item with "free delivery" has been added to an order, the whole order will be shipped without delivery charge, as long as the weight bracket is not exceeded.
There may be a higher delivery charge if you live on an island or in a remote location of the UK. Please see our list of "Islands and remote location" postcodes.
Islands and remote locations
Postal codes starting with: BT, GY, HS, IM, IV40, IV41, IV42, IV43, IV44, IV45, IV46, IV47, IV48, IV49, IV51, IV55, IV56, JE, KA27, KA28, KW15, KW16, KW17, PA20, PA41, PA42, PA43, PA44, PA45, PA46, PA47, PA48, PA49, PA60, PA61, PA62, PA63, PA64, PA65, PA66, PA67, PA68, PA69, PA70, PA71, PA72, PA73, PA74, PA75, PA76, PA77, PA78, PO30, PO31, PO32, PO33, PO34, PO35, PO36, PO37, PO38, PO39, PO40, PO41, PH42, PH43, PH44, TDCU, ZE
Method Weight Mainland UK Islands and remote locations Economy (3 - 5 working days)
3:30pm cut-off time
Dispatched Monday to Friday
Up to 5kg
£4.16 ex VAT
£4.99 inc VAT
£4.87 ex VAT
£5.84 inc VAT
Express (1 - 2 working days)
4:30pm cut-off time
Dispatched Monday to Friday
Up to 10kg
£6.75 ex VAT
£8.10 inc VAT
£15.31 ex VAT
£18.37 inc VAT
Express (1 - 2 working days)
4:30pm cut-off time
Dispatched Monday to Friday
10 to 20kg
£7.71 ex VAT
£9.25 inc VAT
£18.31 ex VAT
£21.97 inc VAT
Express (1 - 2 working days)
4:30pm cut-off time
Dispatched Monday to Friday
£9.31 ex VAT
£11.17 inc VAT
£22.31 ex VAT
£26.77 inc VAT
Please note: Fire Doors supplied to England have a delivery charge of £90.00 (ex VAT) per batch, independent from the quantity. Fire door deliveries to Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales might require a transport surcharge. We will contact you should this be the case to allow you the choice of either cancelling the order or to agree to the surcharges.
Fire safes have free standard delivery (for mainland UK, only), with additional, individually priced options for delivery over steps or hand-carried deliveries.
Special Delivery Instructions
You can leave special delivery instructions for our order but you are responsible for any losses suffered as a result of a parcel being left in a location at your specific request.
- For cut-off times of different shipping services please see table above. The table also indicates how long the different shipment methods take. Please note that remote and island locations have longer shipping periods than indicated.
- The cut-off for pallet deliveries is 1pm.
- Economy service can take up to one week.
- Fire safes can take between 4 and 14 working days.
- Fire doors have a leadtime of 2 to 3 weeks, depending upon whether the door is standard or bespoke.
- Should we be out of stock of an item, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer compensation for deliveries that are delayed.
- Customers living in remote areas should note that some delivery/servicing/installation services may be affected, or not available. We will inform you as soon as possible of any potential problems. If you want to check before placing an order, please call us on 0800 612 6537.
- Installations are carried out within 14 days. Servicing of fire extinguishers is carried out within 30 days.
- If a customer is not in when delivery is attempted, the delivery driver will leave a card with details of the local depot. Please note that if the parcel cannot be delivered after several days and has to be returned, we reserve the right to charge you a second delivery charge for re-delivery, should you still wish to receive the product.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act (2018). We are voluntarily registered as a data controller in the Information Commissioners data protection register with registration number Z9733716. Visit the register here: https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z9733716.
Identity and contact details
33 West Street
Data Protection Team
Data we process
Processing data can mean collecting, storing and using your data. We only do so to perform tasks you want us to perform. These include one or more of the following:
- Processing your orders, including delivery, servicing and installation, product recalls and warranties
- name, address, telephone number, email
- Sending you fire safety reminders you requested
- mobile number, email
- Offering product and after-sales support and returns
- Email, telephone, any supporting information such as address
- Maintaining your online fire safety logbook
- Name, email
- Processing job applications
- Any details shared in your CV, such as name, address, date of birth, etc.
- Newsletters (opt-in)
- Safelincs Customer Survey (opt-in)
- Email and product details
- TrustPilot (opt-in)
- Email and order details
- Your public profile on our forum
- The details in your user profile
We do not store any payment data such as credit or debit card numbers on our servers. Instead, we use third party payment processors who have been vetted to meet the highest security standards.
To help prevent fraud and diagnose errors, your IP address may be recorded in our web logs.
We also process some data in a statistical manner through Google Analytics and tools we have written ourselves, to understand how we can improve our web site for visitors and present products and information that is relevant and record visitors coming from adverts. IP addresses and referring URLs are used to achieve this.
We do not sell or share your data with any third parties. Some external companies are contracted by us to achieve tasks such as delivery and online payments and where we have to share customer information with them, this is covered by a Data Protection Contract.
We will only contact you to communicate with you about your order, product or service we offer or in any other situation you've specifically requested us to do so. We might also contact you if products you purchased from us or are serviced by us are due to be serviced again. We regard this as a step to keep you safe. Please let us know if you do not want to be reminded of service dates.
Most order information will be retained for 15 years. Because we deal with safety products and due to many items having extended warranty periods and the significance of possible safety recalls, we have come to the conclusion that it is in our customers' interests for us to securely store this data to be able to support them in the future. This data will not be used for any other purpose, including marketing, except where explicitly requested by you.
We do not record any telephone conversations, however, line managers will occasionally listen-in to conversations to help our staff improve their communication skills and level of service to you.
Cookies, also known as browser cookies or tracking cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your device (computer, phone, tablet, etc.) when you visit a website. The cookies then send data back to the website or other websites that recognise the cookie.
Cookies have many different uses, such as remembering a user's preferences, allowing efficient navigation and generally improving the user's online experience. They also help companies to identify how many people visit their website, and how they found it. Cookies cannot identify you personally.
More information about cookies and how to manage them can be found at allaboutcookies.org.
The list below shows the cookies that are in use on our website, why we use them and how long they will stay active on your device.
Name Description Expiration __utma This cookie contains a unique ID which is used to determine unique visitors to our site. The cookie is updated each page view 2 years from set/update __utmb This cookie is used to create and continue a user session and determines the amount of time a user is on our site 30 minutes from set/update __utmz This cookie contains information about how users reached our site. i.e. referring link, direct traffic or website search etc. 30 minutes from set/update PHPSESSID This generic cookie allows us to create and maintain user's shopping carts and order information When the browser is closed or restarted jssCustomer This cookie is used if a customer logs into our site and allows us to identify their session 24 days from set/update __cfduid* This cookie is set by Cloudflare, our security and content delivery provider, to help deliver pages fast and securely 1 year from set/update SERVERID* This cookie is set by our load balancer to ensure you use the fastest possible web server in our cluster 1 year from set/update CookieTabShown This cookies is set after we first show our cookie tab on the web site so we don't bother you with it more than once 30 days from set/update IDontWantCookies When you disabled cookies, we set this single cookie to tell our web site to not set any other cookies that may record personal information 30 days from set/update ShowPricesIncVat This cookie is set if the inc/ex VAT switch is flipped and stores your preference for displaying product prices on our web site 30 days from set/update
* these cookies will not be deleted when using the Remove Cookies feature as they are required for our web site to work
You can remove your cookies using the Remove Cookies feature, found in the footer of our web pages. This will stop features like adding products to the cart and logging in from working, however. You can enable cookies again by using the same settings in the footer.
The data we process belongs to you. We want you to understand your rights and what options you have. You can make a request to view, erase, modify or restrict processing of data we hold about you and, where there isn't a legal obligation stopping us from doing so and where the request is reasonable, we will process your request within 30 days at no charge.
Please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to complain to your local supervisory authority. Here in the UK we are governed by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
We take data security very seriously. We use web hosts with numerous ISO and PCI certifications, including ISO 27001 (information security management). All data transmission, both public facing and between our internal systems is done over a secure connection. Where technically feasible, we also encrypt all user data to industry standards or higher.
At Safelincs, we endeavour to surpass the minimum requirements for current data protection regulation compliance. We train our staff in data protection principles from the first day of employment and we perform impact assessments and record our activity on all personal data processing on our bespoke data protection management system.
If you have any questions or comments about your privacy or data protection, please email the data protection team.
- You can cancel your order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery or within 30 days from receipt of delivery (exceptions apply, see below). To return your good please visit www.safelincs.co.uk/returns, Email us email@example.com or call us on 0800 612 6537.
- Please pack the goods in their original packaging. The goods need to be in a re-sellable condition to be refunded. Electrical equipment must not have been powered up and products must not have been installed. Defibrillation pads and all first aid products cannot be returned if opened.
- If goods are not returned in original packaging or re-sellable condition we will reduce the refund value to reflect that the product will have to be sold as incomplete or damaged or may not be sellable at all.
- We will refund the sales price (considering above limitations) and the initial postage and packing charges within 14 days of receiving the goods back from you. We do not charge a re-stocking fee.
- You need to return the goods to us at your cost within two weeks following your cancellation. Should the goods not be returned within these two weeks, we can offer to collect the goods and will then deduct the carrier charge of this return from your refund.
- If you do not require the ordered goods at the point of delivery and you refuse the delivery for this reason, we can deduct the cost for the return shipment from your refund.
- If you struggle to return large or heavy items, please contact us on 0800 612 6537 and we can offer collection of the goods. We will then deduct the cost for this collection from your refund. This service is only possible if the collection charges are less than the price paid by you for the product. Heavy items such as safes and collections from remote locations will have significant collection charges. Our staff will quote you a cost for collection based on your product and location.
- Products which are made to measure, made to order or to customer specification can not be returned and refunded.
- Certain dangerous goods might have to be collected by Safelincs. For example, if you are returning CO2 extinguishers, these will be collected by Safelincs engineers. This is to ensure that you, the customer, and all persons along the way including the couriers and our returns team are kept safe at all times. We will only charge you for a standard collection charge. The rest of the cost is borne by Safelincs, such is our commitment to our customers.
- Important: Business orders placed with purchase orders are excluded from our returns procedure and are covered by statutory regulation.
Any returns within the UK should be sent, together with your original order details, to:Safelincs Ltd
33 West Street
We charge UK VAT at 20% (VAT no GB827 6397 88).
Customers from the Channel Islands can ask for the VAT to be removed from the invoice total. Please ring our office to place your order, emphasising the Channel Island delivery location.
International customers can discuss their VAT requirements with our export team
International customers whose shipping address is in the UK but who export the goods out of the EU can ask for a VAT refund after supplying us with proof of export. Please note that we will deduct the bank transfer charges from the refund.
Transport damage and discrepancies
We would ask you to please check the condition of your package before signing for the receipt of the goods. If you see damage on the outer packaging, this must be noted on your copy of the delivery note and on the copy for the carrier. You can refuse damaged parcels without signing for these.
If you find the transport damage after the carrier has left, please inform us instantly. If the claim is made on the same day as the delivery, we will still accept liability. Failure to note damage might affect replacement or refund from us for items damaged in transit.
Discrepancies of quantities or product codes need to be reported to us within 5 working days from delivery. We might be unable to accept liability for any missing items if incorrect quantities are not highlighted within this period.
Safelincs Free Extended Warranty
Safelincs offers its customers a free minimum 5 year warranty on essential fire safety products. Many of the extended warranties are exclusive and only available from Safelincs.
The products covered by the minimum 5 year warranty are:
- Phoenix fire safes
- Sentry fire safes
- Burton fire safes
- Portable fire extinguishers are covered by a minimum 5 year warranty, some models even have a 10 year warranty
- Smoke alarms (excluding FireAngel products) have a minimum warranty of 5 years, some even 10 years.
- Carbon monoxide alarms (excluding FireAngel products) have a warranty of at least 5 years (some even up to 10 years)
- Anti-arson letterboxes
- Emergency lighting
- Dorgard fire door retainers
- Geofire Agrippa fire door retainers
- Overhead fire door closers have a 5 year warranty, some even have a 10 year warranty
- Fire exit door hardware benefits from a 5 year warranty, some even have a 10 year warranty
- Fire extinguisher stands and cabinets
- Fire escape ladders
The above warranties are underwritten by Safelincs. Claims against the warranties need to be made through Safelincs. You do not have to fill in the manufacturer's warranty forms to qualify for our warranties.
Our free extended warranties do not restrict your statutory rights in any way.
Coverage and exclusions
Covered by our warranties are:
- Manufacturing defects
- Product defects resulting from manufacturer’s design errors
- Damages resulting from the incorrect handling of a product
- Defects due to a lack of maintenance
- Repairs or modifications carried out by the customer or third parties
- Defects caused by fire or smoke (please refer in such cases to our ‘free replacement after fire policy’)
- Installation in an unsuitable location
- Excluded is any consequential damage caused by the products or their malfunction
- We will not cover the cost of installation of replacement components supplied as replacements under this warranty
Special notes to product groups:
To be covered by our warranty fire extinguishers must be installed, serviced and periodically refilled in accordance to the manufacturer’s instructions. Any replacement components fitted in the process of maintenance are not covered by our warranty. Accidental damage and misuse of the fire extinguishers are also not covered.
5 year warranty: The warranty extends 5 years from the date of purchase up to, but exclusive of, the first extended service due after 5 years.
10 year warranty: The warranty extends 10 years from the date of purchase up to, but excluding, the second extended service due after 10 years.
What happens if a customer discovers a product fault?
Claims against our warranties must be made through Safelincs.
- Please contact Safelincs with your invoice number and inform us about the defect. We will discuss the case with you and will agree on a solution for you. You might be asked to provide photos before we can establish the best way forward.
- We will either arrange free repair/free replacement for your product or request the return of your product for further analysis. This choice is at Safelincs’ discretion.
- Should Safelincs ask for a product back for further analysis or repair, we will arrange for the transport and the subsequent return.
- Should a product be returned to us without being defective, we will return the unit to the customer at cost.
The warranty still applies; the goods, however, must be sent to us at the customer's expense for repair or replacement and the return shipment must be paid for by the customer.
Recycling of old electrical and electronic items (WEEE regulations)
We have signed up to Valpak's WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Distributor Take-Back Scheme (Phase 5 Registration ID: 501327). Private households can therefore drop off their electronic and electrical fire safety waste at their municipal recycling centre when they purchase new products from us. To find your nearest recycling centre, please visit www.recycle-more.co.uk.
Please note that Safelincs Ltd, as a member of the Distributor Take-Back Scheme (DTS), do not accept expired electrical items like smoke alarms sent to our premises by private households.
(v1.0). Our articles are reviewed regularly. However, any changes made to standards or legislation following the review date will not have been considered. Please note that we provide abridged, easy-to-understand guidance. To make detailed decisions about your fire safety provisions, you might require further advice or need to consult the full standards and legislation.