The DETA 1151 and 1153 are mains powered smoke alarms with alkaline back-up batteries and have now been discontinued by the manufacturer. To ensure that owners of existing DETA 1150 systems can continue to use their current wiring, BRK have developed their 660MBX range to be fully compatible with your outgoing and remaining DETA alarms and bases. They are guaranteed to fit directly onto your existing bases so an electrician is not required.
The BRK 660MBX is an optical smoke alarm with replaceable alkaline battery backup. The thermally enhanced optical sensor is designed for use in hallways, bedrooms, landings and living areas, as well as rooms adjacent to kitchens or in rooms with open fires. Older alarms, particularly those with ionisation sensors, can be triggered by cooking fumes – the optical sensor in the 660MBX will reduce this significantly.
- Power: 230V mains powered with back-up battery
- Back-up Battery: 9V alkaline back-up battery (included)
- Warranty: 5 year manufacturer's warranty
- Fits onto your existing DETA alarm push-fit base
- BRK twist-fit base included to keep as a spare
- Suitable for living rooms, bedrooms and downstairs hallways
- Optical sensor provides quick detection of slow, smouldering fires
- CE and Kitemarked to BS EN 14604: 2005
- Performs its own self-checks every 48 seconds to ensure the alarm is functioning correctly
- Test and silence button feature
- Other DETA / BRK replacement kits are available to cover the full DETA 1110 and 1150 series
The simple installation process of the 660MBX replacement alarm removes the need for an electrician, though you must ensure that mains power to all interlinked alarms is cut before beginning work. The interlink wire can carry a live electric current between alarms if they are powered from different circuits.
Below is a table of all alarms which can be interchanged using the same base plate and interlink system. Care should be taken to ensure the correct model is purchased to replace existing alarms. Optical smoke alarms can be used in place of ionisation smoke alarms, but heat alarms and smoke alarms serve different purposes and cannot be swapped.
||Type of Alarm
||Ionisation Smoke Alarm with Alkaline Battery and Twist Base
||Optical Smoke Alarm with Alkaline Battery and Twist Base
||Heat Alarm with Alkaline Battery and Twist Base
||Ionisation Smoke Alarm with Alkaline Battery and Push Base
||Optical Smoke Alarm with Alkaline Battery and Push Base
||Heat Alarm with Alkaline Battery and Push Base
Key Product Features
Slim profile for minimum intrusion on your ceiling
Piercing 85dB alarm sounder
Combined Test-Hush button to check function & silence alarms
Made by the original alarm manufacturer
Every DETA DT51RA is supplied with the following components.
- 1 x BRK 660MBX optical alarm
- 1 x Spare twist-fit base
- 1 x 9V replaceable alkaline battery
- 1 x Screw fixing set (screws & rawl plugs)
- 1 x Instruction manual