Fire safety warning relating to the use of essential oils

A warning was issued by Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service after several incidents of fires occurring from the use of essential oils.

When washing fabric soaked with essential oils the oil is not broken down properly at low washing machine temperatures, leaving a residue on towels and linen. The residues can ignite either through the towels being heated when tumble dried or when they get warm while stacked.

Wiltshire Fire and Rescue services have attended blazes in salons and homes where essential oils have been used. They also attended a fire at a beauty room at Swindon College, where extensive damage occured.

To read the full story follow this link http://www.info4fire.com/news-content/full/towel-fires-lead-to-safety-warning