Safelincs goes Solar

Installation of solar panels on Safelincs warehouse roofing
New solar panels installed on some of the Safelincs warehouse roofing

Making Safelincs a greener business has been one of our main initiatives since moving to the new site in December 2017. After investing into energy saving projects, such as the complete roll-out of LED lighting replacing fluorescent and sodium lights, Safelincs have now also made a huge investment into the installation of 1000sqm of solar PV panels, equating to a staggering 146kw of renewable energy.

‘We are very proud to be able to supply the business with our own green electricity.’ said Harry Dewick-Eisele MD, ‘Reducing our carbon footprint is important to us as a company and this is just one of many initiatives we are implementing’.

The solar panels are expected to cover most of Safelincs’ energy needs and will pave the way for future expansion and developments.

Angie Dewick-Eisele

Angie Dewick-Eisele

Marketing Manager

Angie has been our marketing manager since joining in 2002. She also has a keen interest in H&S issues.

Latest Posts by Angie Dewick-Eisele

Double Awards for Safelincs9th October 2019
How are fire doors rated?26th September 2019
Gas Safety Week 2019 - How aware are you of the dangers from carbon monoxide?16th September 2019

Carbon Monoxide Alarm Alerts Campers

Kidde CO alarm with digital display
Kidde CO alarm with digital display

Carbon monoxide is deadly and the only way to detect it is with a carbon monoxide detector. Caroline Toombes found this out on a recent camping trip when she hooked up the generator on her new horse box living accommodation for the first time. Caroline said ‘we were happily enjoying our evening using the generator as we didn’t have a hook-up. Our carbon monoxide detector went off. It turned out to be fumes from the generator and showed the highest levels’. She went on to say ‘the alarm was a life saver, what if we hadn’t had it’.

It is important to remember that when camping, carbon monoxide is a real threat. If you are sleeping in a tent, caravan, mobile home or horse box living quarters, you are at risk. Not only are internal gas appliances a risk, wind can also blow carbon monoxide fumes into your camping accommodation from outside cooking equipment such as camping stoves and BBQs.

Make sure that you have the correct CO detector for camping, as not all CO detectors are suitable. Ensure that your portable carbon monoxide detector is Kitemarked to BS EN50291-2 (camping / caravans / boats), that way you can have peace of mind whilst enjoying your free time and holidays.

 

Angie Dewick-Eisele

Angie Dewick-Eisele

Marketing Manager

Angie has been our marketing manager since joining in 2002. She also has a keen interest in H&S issues.

Latest Posts by Angie Dewick-Eisele

Double Awards for Safelincs9th October 2019
How are fire doors rated?26th September 2019
Gas Safety Week 2019 - How aware are you of the dangers from carbon monoxide?16th September 2019