Today is Pancake Day or otherwise known as Shrove Tuesday. If you are going to be cooking delicious pancakes today make sure that you follow some simple fire safety tips to make sure the day does not go up in smoke.
– Never leave the stove unattended, not even for a minute.
– Make sure that the fat in the pan does not smoke. If it does, remove it from the heat and wait for it to cool before adding your pancake mixture.
– Make sure that all tea towels and oven gloves are well away from the stove.
– Supervise children at all times.
– Ensure that your smoke alarms and heat alarm are in good working order. If you do not have smoke alarms fitted, fit one today. Early warning of a fire could save your life.
– If it is not safe to extinguish the fire, evacuate the building and call the fire brigade.
Knowing how you would evacuate your home in the event of a fire will help increase your chances of escaping a fire. If you have children, talk them through the escape plan and practice what you want them to do.