This week sees the launch of the first Gas Safety Week. The awareness week will run from September 12th to September 16th and to show our support we are giving 10 FREE Kidde 900-0233 carbon monoxide alarms away.
Gas Safe Register are highlighting the importance of using registered qualified engineers for all gas installations and services. Unqualified engineers may not be aware of the correct procedures which could have devastating consequences. Incorrectly installed or serviced gas appliances could result in carbon monoxide being produced leading to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Statistics show that around 4,000 people a year suffer from the effect of carbon monoxide poisoning, some 200 of these are hospitalised and approximately 50 people a year die. This year has seen several deaths due to carbon monoxide poisoning of campers taking BBQs into their tents to keep warm. The embers of the BBQ emitted carbon monoxide and the victims were killed as a result of inhaling carbon monoxide. These devastating incidents reveal that there is not enough awareness about carbon monoxide.
If you would like the chance to win one of our free carbon monoxide alarms you can either ‘like us’ on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or register for our CO alarm reminder service, we will remind you to check your carbon monoxide alarms by either e-mail or text.
The Competition is now Closed