CO alarm saves life of singer Charlotte Church

After moving into her new home, Welsh singer Charlotte Church began to suffer from frequent headaches. She could not find an explanation for this and it was her grandfather who suggested that the possible cause could be a carbon monoxide leak.

Charlotte Church’s grandfather then installed a carbon monoxide alarm in the home of the singer and her two children, aged 2 and 3 years.

The Carbon Monoxide detector alerted them to the fact that the boiler was faulty and leaking carbon monoxide into the family’s home. This situation could have had fatal consequences, as there is no other way to be alerted to a carbon monoxide leak other than by a CO alarm, as the gas has no odour or colour.

Charlotte Church’s symptoms of headaches and generally feeling unwell are typical for early carbon monoxide poisoning. We offer more information on carbon monoxide.
To read the full story go to: http://music.aol.co.uk/2011/02/09/charlotte-church-gas-leak/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *