Fire alarm system in hotel prevents spread of fire

A fire which broke out in the boiler room of the Beach Arms Hotel in Basingstoke, was detected at the early stages of onset due to a well maintained fire alarm system.

The fire was detected and the alarm raised at around midday. Two staff members tried to extinguish the fire with an extinguisher while the manager informed the emergency services and evacuated the hotel. The swift action was praised by the brigade as it prevented the fire spreading to the roof space and preventing any injuries as a result of the fire.

The cause of the fire is not yet know but an investigation into the incident is underway.

Ensure that your alarms are working and check them on a regular basis. You can request a free reminder from our reminder service.

To read the full story about this fire follow this link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *