Man Saved From Home Fire by Neighbour

A 49 year old man, Mr Kennedy,  was rescued from a fire at his home by his neighbour. The fire started as a result of Mr Kennedy starting to cook his dinner but falling asleep whilst the meal was cooking.

The fire had already spread so much that the neighbour, Mr Hudson, was unable to enter the premises. Mr Hudson raised the alarm with the fire brigade and shouted up to the window for Mr Kennedy to wake up.

As a result of the neighbour’s actions Mr Hudson was able to escape the fire, but unfortunately his pet dog died in the blaze.

The blaze could have been prevented had Mr Hudson not left the cooker unattended or if a stove alarm would have been fitted.

Read the full story