The Megalarm base alarm unit is the master device of the wireless site alarm system. Specifically designed for temporary building and site protection, the base alarm unit can be radio-interlinked with manual call points and optical smoke detectors to form a system of up to 10 wireless devices. The Megalarm base alarm unit has an integral 90dB sounder, high power strobe LED lights, a lithium battery lifespan of up to 12 years and a connection range of up to 100m in open area spaces.
- Completely wireless - no mains power required
- Communicates to call points and optical smoke detectors via a wireless network
- Up to 100m radio connection range in open area condition
- Simple installation and device add-on system
- Lithium battery lifespan - up to 12 years (dependent on number of linked units)
- Up to 10 devices can be connected - 1 master base alarm unit and 9 call points or smoke detectors (mixed)
- Integral sounder: 90dB at 2 meters
- IP44 rating
- Issues warning "chirps" when a device fault is detected
- Visual alarm: high power strobe LEDs (1 flash every 1.5 seconds)
- Supplied with a manual call point mounted in a white ABS casing
- Can be connected to an existing fire alarm system using the Megalarm Wireless Interface
- Ideal for temporary buildings or where a wired system is not suitable e.g. event marquees
This is the technical data for the Megalarm Wireless Base Alarm Unit.
||Radio Module: Lithium battery
Break glass and sounder/beacon: 9V alkaline battery
||90dB at 2 meters
||100m in open area condition
1 customers have rated this product and it has an overall rating of 5 out of 5
All our reviews are written by real customers that have purchased this product from us and are publsihed without modification.
Reviewed by: MB
Published on: 9th September 2016