Specially designed for installation above your cooker, the Innohome Stove Alarm SA101 provides reliable fire protection for the area of your home that is most at risk of fire. Simple to install, the Stove Alarm attaches to the cooker hood using integrated magnets, or can be fitted to the wall using screws without the need for cables or an external power source. The loud 90dB alarm is activated if the cooker becomes too hot or when an empty hotplate is left on, warning of a hazardous situation before toxic gases are produced or a fire starts.
- Battery powered - no need for cables or external power source
- Attaches to the cooker hood using magnets or to the wall with screws
- Heat sensor detects the temperature and the rate of temperature increase
- Alarm is triggered if the cooker becomes too hot or an empty hotplate is left on
- Early detection warns the user before toxic gases are produced or a fire starts
- Emits a 90dB audible alarm on activation
- Alarm can be manually reset or automatically resets by falling temperature
- Features Smart Silence low battery warning
- Compact unobtrusive design
- Intelligently learns from and adjusts its sensitivity to the users' cooking styles
- Does not react to fumes from cooking fat or steam
- Compatible with gas, electrical and dual-fuel cookers
- Supplied with fixings; 2 x screws and 2 x rawl plugs
- Safelincs Exclusive 5 Year Warranty
This is the technical data for the Innohome Stove Alarm - SA101.
||90dB audible alarm
||Housing: Halogen free fire rated plastic
Q. Can anyone install the Innohome Stove Alarm?
A. The Innohome Stove Alarm is a battery powered detector that requires no wiring whatsoever. Its user friendly design allows for any competent person to carry out the installation.
The Innohome Stove Guard has a control unit that needs to be connected to the cookers electricity supply. It is recommended that the Stove Guard is installed by a qualified electrician.
Q. What's the difference between the Innohome Stove Alarm and the Stove Guard?
A. The Innohome Stove Alarm is an intelligent heat sensor that monitors the cooker top temperature and its rate of rise. The sensor sounds an alarm when the temperature exceeds safe levels, providing an alert for you to switch off the cooker as soon as possible.
The Innohome Stove Guard is made up of two parts - a heat sensor and a control unit. The heat sensor works in the same way as the Stove Alarm; however it has built-in wireless capability that sends a signal to the control unit which is connected to the cookers electricity supply. When triggered, the control unit cuts off the power to the cooker, effectively preventing a fire from igniting.
Q. How does the Innohome alarm recognise the difference between when I'm cooking and a hazard happening?
A. When first installed, the Innohome alarm needs to adjust to the installation environment and the users' cooking styles. If the sensor sounds during a normal cooking situation, press the reset button on the sensor during the pre-alarm signal. This will enable the sensor to reduce its sensitivity and learn that the situation was not hazardous.
Q. I don't have a hood above my cooker. How can I install the Innohome alarm?
A. Both the Innohome Stove Alarm and Stove Guard feature integrated magnets which allow for the sensors to be fitted to the cooker hood. In cases where there is no cooker hood, the sensors can be fitted to the wall using screws. Installation instructions are supplied with each unit.
3 customers have rated this product and it has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5
All our reviews are written by real customers that have purchased this product from us and are publsihed without modification.
Reviewed by: -
easy to install
Published on: 29th August 2015
Reviewed by: -
Simple install but instructions seemed just a bit confusing
Hardly your fault but only when heat is deliberately turned up can one see/hear what the alarm sounds like. Like fire extinguishers - only when they are used can you appreciate how they work !!
Published on: 3rd June 2015
Reviewed by: JL
Excellent product, easy to install and doesn't go off when I cook Bacon!
Published on: 28th March 2014