The Agrippa pillow alarm from Geofire is probably the most versatile bedside fire alarm for the hard of hearing. This innovative device listens and learns the sound of your specific fire alarm. On hearing your fire alarm the pillow pad will vibrate and a visual aid on the screen of the alarm aids the user in identifying that there is a fire. This device is suitable for hotels, B&B as well as other commercial enterprises which have a duty under the Equality Act 2010 to provide equal fire protection measures for all guests. It is easy to maintain, is battery powered and fully portable meaning you can enjoy the highest level of protection whether at home or travelling. The Agrippa pillow alarm also has a handy bedside clock and alarm clock feature.
- Ideal for commercial and domestic use, compliant with Equality Act 2010
- Vibrating pad and visual notification that the fire alarm is sounding
- Fully portable device
- No installation necessary - simply insert the standard AA batteries supplied
- Two preset acoustic trigger levels plus an industry first ability to tune in to your personal alarm signal
- Backlit LCD display screen
- Built in bedside clock with alarm function
- Visual low battery alert
- Rubberised feet to improve stability
Please note: Not suitable for voice alarm systems
The Geofire Agrippa acoustic pillow alarm makes complying with the The Equality Act 2010 much simpler for commercial accommodation providers. The equality act requires commercial enterprises providing sleeping accommodation (hotels, guest houses or bed & breakfasts) to, in the simplest terms, employ a fire alarm system that is equally capable of waking residents with hearing problems as those without. Although visual indication devices are commonly incorporated into commercial fire alarm systems, it is rare for physical stimuli to be provided. As such, any residents that are unlikely to be woken by audible or visible alarms should be provided with an auxiliary device such as a vibration pad.
Excerpt from The Equality Act 2010:
Chapter 2, Section 20, Part 5.
"The third requirement is a requirement, where a disabled person would, but for the provision of an auxiliary aid, be put at a substantial disadvantage in relation to a relevant matter in comparison with persons who are not disabled, to take such steps as it is reasonable to have to take to provide the auxiliary aid."
With the above requirement in mind, the simplest, cheapest and easiest way to comply is to purchase a device such as the Agrippa pillow alarm. As well as helping accommodation providers meet their duty of care to hard of hearing guests, the Agrippa pillow alarm can also boast the following unique commercial benefits:
- Offering these devices improves guests safety
- The device is compact and portable, meaning a single device can be stored centrally and issued as needed
- Tackling this specific issue demonstrates commitment to equality
- There are no associated maintenance costs bar occasionally replacing the batteries
- The device requires no mains power and is easy to explain, making distribution simple
- The alarm doubles as a standard bedside alarm clock, thus providing a secondary benefit to guests
We even offer a free printable poster to help you inform your guests that you offer the Agrippa pillow alarm.
This is the technical data for the Geofire Agrippa Acoustic Digital Pillow Alarm.
|Alternative Product Codes
||AA Batteries (x4)
1 customer has rated this product and it has an overall rating of 4 out of 5
All our reviews are written by real customers that have purchased this product from us and are published without modification.
Reviewed by: CH
Very easy to set up, and use.
Published on: 19th July 2017