The EVAC+CHAIR 110 Narrow Aisle Evacuation Chair enables the safe evacuation of less mobile persons down a flight of stairs during an emergency. The EVAC+CHAIR 110 can be effectively operated by a single user and offers an ideal emergency evacuation solution where narrow spaces may otherwise prove problematic.
The chair holds the patient securely in place with safety restraints, while a sling-style seat ensures the occupant is sat back in the chair and cannot be tipped forward. The chair's wheels are supported by specially designed friction belts which ensure the chair does not slip or accelerate too rapidly while descending a flight of stairs. The distribution of the chair's weight and load ensures that the descent is smooth and comfortable for both the user and the operator.
- Provided with photoluminescent signs as well as hooks for wall mounting
- The supplied dust cover helps to protect the evacuation chair
- CD user manual supplied with the chair to provide operator guidance
- Lightweight 10kg design
- Padded material covers the chair's leg and back bars for user comfort
- UK manufactured by Evac+Chair
- 5 Year Warranty
- CE marked
- The EVAC+CHAIR 110 Evacuation Chair is registered with the MHRA
- DDA compliant product
- Class I Medical Device and regulated under PUWER
- Annual EVAC+CHAIR servicing available
- Also available to purchase with on site Evacuation Chair Training
As well as providing an ethical solution to aid users in evacuation, the Evac+Chair also helps businesses meet many current legislation requirements, such as:
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 - Means of escape
- Building Regulations Parts B and M - Building use and access
- BS5588-8:1999 - Providing disabled people with measures to be assisted in an emergency
- Equality Act 2009 - Ensuring that disabled people are not at a disadvantage compared to those that are not disabled
- DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) - Providing adequate access and facilities for any disabled person who may enter a building
Evac+Chairs are Class I Medical Devices with their installation and use regulated under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER). Employers, self-employed people, and those employed to supervise or manage equipment are responsible for ensuring that a reasonable amount of staff are adequately trained to use Evac+Chairs safely, that the chairs are annually serviced by a qualified engineer, and that they are regularly inspected by a competent worker.
This is the technical data for the EVAC+CHAIR 110 Narrow Aisle Evacuation Chair.
||Folded Position: 1020x450x230mm
Deployed Position: 1020x450x1150mm
Q. Is there a minimum age or weight for the Evac+Chairs?
A. No, the Evac+Chairs are suitable for children (not babies or small toddlers that can be carried) as they come with patient restraints to keep the user secure in the chair while in motion, especially, when descending stairs. It is a recommendation from the manufacturer that when you purchase an Evac+Chair for a specific child user that adding a comfy Seat (ECCHAIRSEA) would be beneficial as the hammock style seat can be quite uncomfortable for younger users.
Q. How do I get the person from their desk to the stairs?
A. In the event of an emergency / evacuation the Evac+Chair should be taken by a trained member of staff to the location of the intended user of the Evac+Chair. This person can either self-transfer to the Evac+Chair or be assisted as required. The Evac+Chair can then be moved along the corridor / floor to the stairway for downwards evacuation. Having a Comfy Seat fitted to your Evac+Chair aids the transfer into the chair. If assistance with transferring onto the Evac+Chair is required a second member of staff will need to assist.
Q. Are Evac+Chairs required?
A. Yes, there is a legal obligation to ensure that all employees and the general public are able to safely evacuate your building in the event of a fire. Evac+Chair is one way to meet this obligation.
Q. Who provides service for my Evac+Chair?
A. Safelincs can carry out your service, which will ensure that you are maintaining your Evac+Chair in accordance with the Class 1 Medical Device guidelines. Your chair should be serviced and maintained annually to ensure that it operates safely. A monthly in-house check should also be carried out.
Q. Where should I store my Evac+Chair?
A. The Evac+Chair needs to be in plain sight of all building occupants. The Evac+Chair is supplied with 2 wall mounting hooks to enable the chair to be located in the most appropriate area. Additionally, the bright yellow branded cover that is supplied with the Evac+Chair should ensure that once in position, the chair remains in focus.
Show all FAQs